This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Rawlplug Group is a company involved in the production of fixings, fasteners and other tools.
Rawlings Brothers, a small plumbing and electrical engineering company, was founded in 1887 in London. In 1910, the company was awarded a contract by the British Museum, which required them to unobtrusively fix electrical fittings to the museum walls. The contract led to the invention and patenting of the world’s first wall plug, which became a standard solution for attaching things to walls. John Joseph Rawlings, who is credited with invention of the wall plug, named his product Rawlplug, using the first syllable of his last name, and renamed his business to Rawlplug in 1919.
The company continued to sell its products worldwide and in 1998 became the first British producer to attain ETA certification. Since the death of John Joseph Rawlings, the business changed hands a few times until in 2005 it was bought by Koelner Group, a Wroclaw-based manufacturer.
- "Heritage – Rawlplug". Rawlplug. www.rawlplug.com. Retrieved 8 August 2017.
- "Patent US 1942256 A". US 1942256 A. Retrieved 8 August 2017.
- "Patent US 2248523 A". US 2248523 A. Retrieved 8 August 2017.
- "Get a grip! – the invention of the Rawlplug" (PDF). researchpod. Retrieved 8 August 2017.
- "Patent US 2398220 A". US 2398220 A. Retrieved 8 August 2017.
- "Heritage". rawlplug.com. Retrieved 8 August 2017.
- "Rawlplug Sustainability Report 2015 - rawlplug_sustainability-report_2016-web" (PDF). sustainable.rawlplug.com. Retrieved 8 August 2017.