Real estate technology
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
'Real Estate Technology or Property Technology, originally referred to as RETech is now simply referred to as just PropTech.
"PropTech is one small part of the wider digital transformation of the property industry. It describes a movement driving a mentality change with the real estate industry and its consumers regarding technology-driven innovation in the data assembly, transaction, and design of buildings and cities". This is the first accepted definition of PropTech put forward by academic Professor Andrew Baum (author of the first academic report into PropTech  and PropTech influencer and evangelist James Dearsley 
PropTech is an economic industry composed of companies which use technology to make real estate transactions more efficient. Real estate technology is not a sub-category under financial technology as real estate is an asset class which represents a significant investment. Besides for own stay, there are investors who generate income and capital gains by investing in different categories of Real Estate properties over time - They are broadly residential, commercial and industrial. Historically used as a more tactical investment or for providing portfolio alpha, real estate has been used as part of a long-term core strategy due to increased market efficiency and increasing concerns about the future long-term variability of stock and bond returns. In fact, real estate is known for its ability to serve as a portfolio diversifier and inflation hedge.
It generally refers to a group of startups trying to target every segment of the property chain, attempting to disrupt and improve how the current market players (developers, buyers, sellers, renters, investors, and real estate professionals) design, construct, market, discover, transact and operate real estate.
In 2015, real estate tech reached record funding and deals levels, with more than $1.7 Billion deployed globally across more than 190 deals. This represents a 50% increase year-over-year and a whopping 821% increase in funding compared to 2011′s total. Deal activity also soared, growing 378% with respect to 2011′s total, and 12% year-over-year.
- root (2003-11-25). "Real Estate". Investopedia. Retrieved 2016-10-20.
- Stammers, Robert (2008-05-11). "Can Real Estate Stabilize Your Portfolio?". Investopedia. Retrieved 2016-10-20.
- "Global Funding To Real Estate Tech Explodes, With Startups Raising $1.7B In 2015". CB Insights - Blog. 2016-02-17. Retrieved 2016-10-20.
- The Digitalisation Of The Real Estate Industry Unnax Payments, Retrieved 21 August 2018
- ^11 Categories of Real Estate Tech TechinAsia, Retrieved 29 June 2016
- ^Real Estate tech 2.0 - Next phase of disruption begins TechinAsia, Retrieved 24 June 2016
- The Most Active VCs in Real Estate Tech and Their Investments in One Infographic Retrieved 17 March 2016
- ^How Is Proptech Changing The Fact Of Real Estate Market? RealtyNXT, Retrieved 18 April 2018