|Title||CEO of TechSoup Global|
Rebecca Masisak (born 1957) is the CEO of TechSoup, a nonprofit organization that provides technical assistance to other nonprofits. She joined TechSoup (formerly CompuMentor) in 2001 and after various positions in management has served in the CEO role since 2012. Masisak established TechSoup's Europe office in Warsaw, Poland in 2009, and has overseen the organization's growth since then.
Background and early career
Compumentor, now known as TechSoup, first hired Masisak in 2001.
Masisak led the establishment of TechSoup Europe, which is organized by Fundacja TechSoup in Warsaw. In 2010 Masisak was involved in TechSoup’s combination with Guidestar International, and the following year, the Telecentre.org Foundation Board of Trustees appointed Masisak as a member of its board.
In 2008, Masisak was featured in an article for The New York Times, "When Tech Innovation Has a Social Mission". In 2015 she was intervewed by the Financial Times about the evolving role of social media in fundraising.
In May 2017, Masisak was named one of year’s most influential women in San Francisco Bay Area business by the San Francisco Business Times. In August 2017, she was named to the Nonprofit Times’ annual list of the 50 most influential leaders in the U.S. Nonprofit sector.
- "Class of 1975". Bethel Park High School. Retrieved 22 September 2017.
- Wirtz, Jochen; Iacovone, Laura; Lovelock, Christopher (11 January 2012). Marketing Dei Servizi (in Italian). Pearson. p. 157. ISBN 978-88-7192-715-2.
- "UnitedStates Advisory Board" (.doc). California State University, Chico. 2006.
- "Tecnologia per il bene sociale, modelli a confronto il 16 giugno a Bruxelles" (in Italian). Vita. 24 May 2016. Retrieved 22 September 2017.
- "GuideStar International and TechSoup Global Combine". Nonprofit Quarterly. 15 April 2010. Retrieved 22 September 2017.
- "New Chairman appointed, 6 new BOT members endorsed". Telecentre.org. Retrieved 22 September 2017.
- Markoff, John (13 April 2008). "When Tech Innovation Has a Social Mission". The New York Times. Retrieved 22 September 2017.
- "Social media transforms the fundraising landscape". Financial Times. 20 May 2015. Retrieved 22 September 2017.
- "Meet 2017's Most Influential Women in Bay Area Business San Francisco Business Times". San Francisco Business Times. Retrieved 22 September 2017.
- "The NonProfit Times Presents the Power and Influence Top 50 '17" (PDF). The Non Profit Times. Retrieved 22 September 2017.
- Executive bio at TechSoup Global