Type of site
|Recipe Search Engine|
|Created by||Andy Theimer,
RecipeBridge is a vertical search engine for recipes, founded by Milwaukee based entrepreneurs Andy Theimer and Bill Brennan. It was established in December 2007 and a beta version was launched in 2008 which makes it the oldest dedicated recipe search engine on the web.
The current version was launched in April, 2009. As of July 2011, it searches through 350 different recipe sites and blogs with over 1.7 million recipes.
RecipeBridge allows users to search and filter results by keyword, cuisine, ingredient, meal, or occasion. The results page provides users with the brief description of the recipes and a number of ingredients needed. Then the user can either go to the original recipe page or further narrow the results by adding other ingredients.
In July 2011 RecipeBridge has been acquired by the global food advertising network Gourmet Ads with a goal "to build the largest recipe search engine, combining recipe sites, blogs, food brands and supermarkets into one destination".
- Schertz, Alysha"Innovations: Recipe Bridge helps with dinner", BizTimes.com, Retrieved on 2011-7-23.
- "About RecipeBridge", RecipeBridge.com, Retrieved on 2011-7-23.
- "The Daily Meal Thumbs Through RecipeBridge.com", Social Times, Retrieved on 2011-7-23.
- Doug, Delony"Search 200 Recipe Websites at Once", Fox Houston, Retrieved on 2011-7-23.
- Stohs, Nancy"Milwaukeeans develop Dinner Search 2.0", Journal Sentinel, Retrieved on 2011-7-23.
- Capel, Claudine"Gourmet Ads buys RecipeBridge", B&T, Retrieved on 2011-7-23.