Regret Iyer alias Satyanarayana Iyer (born 28 September 1950) is a writer, photographer, publisher and regret slip collector, residing in Bangalore, India. He was instrumental in finding the largest Banyan Tree in India, the Thimmamma Marrimanu and record the fact in Guinness World Records 1989.
Regret slip collector
Regret Iyer is known to have collected more than 375 regret slips or rejection slips from various magazines  and publicised himself as collector of regret slips. He became so famous as regret slip collector that his real name of Satyanarayana is overshadowed by his acquired name, Regret Iyer. His first regret slip was in 1964 for an article on Bijapur. His collection of 375 regret slips is recorded in Limca Book of Records. He also established Regret Iyer Publications and Productions, to encourage younger talents.
Awards and recognitions
- "Biggest Tree Canopy". India Book of Records. Archived from the original on 21 May 2012. Retrieved 18 October 2012.
- "Regret Iyer". Kolar Iyers. Retrieved 18 October 2012.
- "Famous Personalities". Regret Iyer. Retrieved 18 October 2012.
- Swamy, Palani R. "375 lessons in life from a rejected journalist". sans serif. Retrieved 18 October 2012.
- "Six photojournalists presented T.S. Satyan Memorial Award". The Hindu. 19 December 2011. Retrieved 20 October 2012.
- "Guv presents T.S. SATYAN Memorial Awards for Photo-Journalism". Bangalorefirst.in. Retrieved 18 October 2012.