|• Mayor||Michael Abraham (CSU)|
|• Total||80.34 km2 (31.02 sq mi)|
|Elevation||528 m (1,732 ft)|
|• Density||120/km2 (300/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
HOREH (registered again)
Rehau is a town in the district of Hof, in Bavaria, Germany. The first documented name of Rehau was "Resawe" in the year 1234. Rehau is situated in the Fichtelgebirge, 12 km southeast of Hof, and 12 km west of Aš. Formerly a fairly isolated town, located as it is near both Czech and former East German borders, with the fall of The Wall, it is now in the center of a growing area, with a new Autobahn providing ready access from Nuremberg and Munich.
The principal employer and economic engine is the polymer manufacturer Rehau AG & Co, which was founded in 1948. With more than 15.000 employees Rehau is an international company, that produces products in construction, automotive and industry.
Sons and daughters of the city
- Peter Angermann (born 1945), painter
- Eberhard Bodenschatz (born 1959), physicist
- Karl-Heinrich Bodenschatz, (1890-1979), in the First World War adjutant of Manfred von Richthofen, later General of the Luftwaffe and adjutant of Hermann Göring
- Arthur Grimm (1908-after 1990), photographer
- Hans Grimm (1905-1998), director
- Hans Vogt (engineer) (1890-1979), engineer
- Jobst Wagner (born 1959), head of Rehau Group
Personalities who have worked on the ground
- "Fortschreibung des Bevölkerungsstandes". Bayerisches Landesamt für Statistik und Datenverarbeitung (in German). September 2018.
|This Hof district location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|