|Look up Reichstag in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Reichstag is a German word generally meaning parliament, more directly translated as Diet of the Realm or National Diet or Imperial Diet. It may refer to:
Reichstagsgebäude is the specific German word for parliamentary buildings, often shortened to Reichstag, and may refer to:
- Reichstag (building), the building in Berlin where German Parliaments met from 1894 to 1933 and again since 1999
- Reichstag dome, an addition to the Reichstag by Norman Foster 1995-1999
- Parliament House, Helsinki (Swedish: Riksdagshuset, Finnish: Eduskuntatalo)
- Parliament House, Stockholm (Swedish: Riksdagshuset)
Historic legislative bodies in German-speaking countries have been referred to as a Reichstag, including:
- Imperial Diet (Holy Roman Empire), called the Reichstag from about 15th century, earlier known as the Hoftag (777–1806)
- Imperial Diet (Austria), the first elected parliament of Austria (1848–1849)
- Reichstag (North German Confederation), the first parliament of Germany (1860–1871)
- Reichstag (German Empire), parliament of the German Empire (1871–1918)
- Reichstag (Weimar Republic), parliament of the Weimar Republic (1919–1933)
- Reichstag (Nazi Germany), pseudo-parliament of the Third Reich (1933–1945)
- Scandinavian parliamentary bodies which bear or bore the name Riksdag are also called Reichstag when referred to in the German language; these words have the same origin.
- Diet of Augsburg (German: Reichstag zu Augsburg), noteworthy sessions of the Imperial Diet in 1530 and 1555.
- Diet of Worms (German: Reichstag zu Worms), the Imperial Diet in 1521 at which Martin Luther was declared a heretic.
- Reichstag fire (1933), an arson attack on the Reichstag building which provided a pretext for the Nazis to seize power
- Reichstag Peace Resolution (1917), an unsuccessful attempt by the Reichstag of the German Empire to end the World War I
- Synod of Worms (1076), an Imperial Diet convened by Holy Roman Emperor Henry IV which sought to depose Pope Gregory VII
- Bundestag and Bundesrat of Germany, the two chambers of parliament in modern Germany
- Bundestag (Berlin U-Bahn), the underground station at the Reichstag building, known as Reichstag U-Bahn station until 2006
- Reichsrat (disambiguation), roughly "Imperial Council", a smaller more powerful legislative body in several German-speaking countries, similar to the Upper House of a Parliament
- Riksdag, the parliaments of Sweden and Finland, the latter called eduskunta in the Finnish language.
- Rigsdagen, the parliament of Denmark from 1849 to 1953
- Riksråd, generic name in Scandinavian countries for various Councils of the Realm
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Reichstag.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.