Reichstag is a German word which in political terms means Parliament but directly translated is Diet of the Realm or National Diet or Imperial Diet. It may refer to:
Reichstagsgebäude, the specific German word for Parliamentary buildings, often simply shortened to Reichstag. In this context it may refer to:
- Reichstag (building), the building in Berlin where German Parliaments met from 1894 to 1933 and again since 1999
- Reichstag dome, an addition to the Reichstag by Norman Foster
- Parliament House, Helsinki (Swedish: Riksdagshuset)
- Parliament House, Stockholm (Swedish: Riksdagshuset)
Various historic legislative bodies in German-speaking countries have been referred to as Reichstags, including:
- Imperial Diet (Holy Roman Empire), in German called the Reichstag from about 15th century, but earlier known as the Hoftag (777–1806)
- Imperial Diet (Austria), the first elected parliament of Austria (1848–1849)
- Reichstag (North German Confederation), the first parliament of Germany (1860–1871)
- Reichstag (German Empire), parliament of the German Empire (1871–1918)
- Reichstag (Weimar Republic), parliament of the Weimar Republic (1918–1933)
- Reichstag (Nazi Germany), pseudo-parliament of the Third Reich (1933–1945)
- Scandinavian parliamentary bodies which bear or bore the name Riksdag are also called Reichstag when referred to in the German language; these words have the same origin.
- Synod of Worms (1076), an Imperial Diet convened by the Emperor Henry IV which sought to depose Pope Gregory VII
- Diet of Worms (1521), at which Martin Luther was declared a heretic.
- Diet of Augsburg, noteworthy sessions of the Imperial Diet in 1530 and 1555.
- Reichstag Peace Resolution (1917), an unsuccessful attempt by the Reichstag of the German Empire to end the First World War
- Reichstag fire (1933), which provided a pretext for the Nazis to seize power
- Reichsrat (roughly "Imperial Council"), a smaller, more powerful legislative body in several German-speaking countries, similar to the Upper House of a Parliament
- Bundestag (Berlin U-Bahn), the underground station at the Reichstag building, known as Reichstag station until 2006
- Rigsdagen, the parliament of Denmark from 1849 to 1953
- Riksdag, the parliament of Sweden and the parliament of Finland (the latter is called eduskunta in Finnish)
- Riksråd, generic name in Scandinavian countries for various Councils of the Realm
- In modern Germany, the Bundestag and Bundesrat are the two chambers of parliament
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Reichstag.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.