This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||St. Petersburg, Florida|
|Jason J. Hogg Founder & CEO|
Dax Cummings COO
Stephanie Fierman CMO
Nick Johns General Counsel
Darren Thompson CFO
Revolution Money is a financial services company based in St. Petersburg, Florida. The company's products include a PIN based credit card, online person to person payments service, with a linked stored value card, and gift card. Revolution Money is the only credit card that does not charge retailers interchange fees. The company partnered with Yahoo! Sports and Fifth Third Bank.
Revolution Money has three products: RevolutionCard is a credit card, Revolution MoneyExchange which provides free online money transfers between members, and RevolutionGift, the gift card. Revolution MoneyExchange accounts are issued by First Bank and Trust.
Revolution MoneyExchange was an online bank intended as an alternative to PayPal and its chief competitor, Google Checkout. It was founded as GratisCard in April 2007. Ted Leonsis and Steve Case were on its board of directors. Revolution MoneyExchange was backed by Citi, Morgan Stanley, and Deutsche Bank AG, as well as its parent company, Revolution LLC.
There were no fees charged for online transfers between accounts. The Revolution MoneyExchange Card was a stored-value card that allowed account holders to access their funds for purchases at merchant locations on the RevolutionCard network and for cash withdrawals at ATMs nationwide.
On November 18, 2009, American Express announced that it would acquire Revolution Money for US$500 million, and finally did for US$300 million. Revolution MoneyExchange was purchased by American Express in January 2010, and was renamed Serve Virtual Enterprises, Inc. Serve Enterprises then launched Serve and discontinued Revolution MoneyExchange on March 28, 2011.
- https://www.revolutioncard.com/WebSite/about_us.aspx[permanent dead link]
- Clark, Emily. "Revolution Money offers online payment alternative". Newatlas.com. Retrieved 16 January 2017.
- Manning, Margie. "St. Petersburg credit card company launches a Revolution". Bizjournals.com. Retrieved 16 January 2017.
- "Revolution Money Exchange". Geek-News.Net. 2008-02-10. Archived from the original on 2008-08-27. Retrieved 2008-07-15.
- "Small Correction". Ted's Take. 2008-02-11. Archived from the original on 2011-07-07. Retrieved 2008-07-15.
- "Revolution MoneyExchange: New Person-to-Person Payment System and $25 Bonus Promotion". MyMoneyBlog. 2008-01-31. Retrieved 2008-07-15.
- Graham, Jefferson. "Talkin' 'bout a Revolution in transferring money online". Usatoday.com. Retrieved 16 January 2017.
- "You've Got Payments - AOL Founder Backs P-to-P Start-Up" (PDF). American Banker. 2007-09-25. Retrieved 2008-07-15.[permanent dead link]
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-11-22. Retrieved 2017-01-17.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Squires, Paula (June 1, 2008). "Steve Case searches for another iconic brand". Virginia Business. Retrieved 2008-07-22.
- "Revolution Money - Formerly GratisCard". Payments News. Retrieved 2008-07-22.
- "Revolutionary Money: Upstart Challenges the Credit Card Industry". Portfolio.com. 2008-07-01. Retrieved 2008-07-22.
- "Revolution Money Aims for 1 Million Merchants, Cardholders by Year End".
- Burnsed, Brian (June 20, 2008). "Top News: To Save Money at the Gas Pump, Pay Cash. Filling stations are offering a 6¢-a-gallon discount for cash customers, to incentivize the use of cash, cutting back on hefty credit-card fees". BusinessWeek. Retrieved 2008-07-22.
- Gonsalves, Antone (November 8, 2007). "Revolution Online Money Transfer Service Pits Itself Against PayPal. The company is marketing its new RevolutionCard credit card payment service as a more secure option to traditional credit cards from MasterCard or Visa". InformationWeek. Retrieved 2008-07-22.
- Cauley, Leslie (2007-09-23). "Account number, name not on this credit card". USA Today. Retrieved 2008-07-22.
- Manning, Margie (August 17, 2007). "St. Petersburg credit card company launches a Revolution". Tampa Bay Business Journal. Retrieved 2008-07-22.
- Hundley, Kris (October 27, 2007). "Get ready for credit card 2.0. The name of the St. Petersburg company sums it up, say the founders of Revolution Money". St. Petersburg Times. Retrieved 2008-07-22.
- "AOL co-founder backs new online payment firm". The Washington Post. 2007-09-25. Retrieved 2008-07-22.
- Regan, Keith (January 9, 2008). "A Host of Hot Niches on the E-Commerce VC Trail". E-Commerce Times. Retrieved 2008-07-22.