|Elevation||0 ft (0 m) |
Rialto Beach is a public beach located on the Pacific Ocean in Washington state. It is adjacent to Mora Campground in the Olympic National Park near the mouth of the Quillayute River, and is composed of an ocean beach and coastal forest. The many miles of seaside topography offer views of sea stacks and rock formations in the Pacific Ocean.
Rialto Beach is north of the Quillayute River. To the south of the river is La Push Beach.
The beach was named "Rialto" by the famous magician Claude Alexander Conlin after the Rialto theater chain. Conlin had a home in the 1920s at Mora, overlooking the beach and ocean, until it burned in the 1930s leaving no trace as of 1967.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Quillayute River
- "Rialto Beach - Olympic National Park (U.S. National Park Service)". Nps.gov. 2015-01-05. Retrieved 2015-08-12.
- "Erickson-James equal Mora". Port Angeles Evening News. Port Angeles, Washington. 1967-06-26. p. 31.
- Bledsoe, James. "Claude Alexander Conlin" (PDF). Columbia. No. Winter 2012–13. p. 19.
- Media related to Rialto Beach at Wikimedia Commons