Fredric Mark "Ric" Edelman is the chairman and CEO of Edelman Financial Services, LLC, the author of several personal finance books and the host of a weekly personal finance talk radio show called The Ric Edelman Show, syndicated by Syndicated Solutions. Edelman was ranked the #1 Independent Financial Advisor in the United States by Barron’s in 2009, 2010, and 2012. For 2011, Edelman was ranked #2. He is an alumnus of Glassboro State College, now Rowan University, with a bachelor's degree in communications.
In October 2016, Jean and Ric Edelman donated $25 million to the Edelman Fossil Park at Rowan University.
Edelman has written several personal finance books:
- The New Rules of Money (1999)
- Ordinary People, Extraordinary Wealth (2001)
- What You Need to Do Now (2001)
- Discover the Wealth Within You (2003)
- The Lies About Money (2007)
- Rescue Your Money (2009)
- The Truth About Money with Ric Edelman|The Truth About Money (2010)
- The Truth About Retirement Plans and IRAs (2014)
- The Truth About Your Future (2017)
- pRic Edelman Show
- McGee, Suzanne (25 August 2012). "Top 100 Independent Advisors". Barron's. Retrieved 9 June 2013.
Ric Edelman, of Fairfax, Va.-based Edelman Financial Services, moved up from No. 2 to grab the top spot