Fredric Mark "Ric" Edelman is the chairman and co-founder of Edelman Financial Services, LLC, the author of several personal finance books and the host of a weekly personal finance talk radio show called The Ric Edelman Show, syndicated by Syndicated Solutions. Edelman was also the host of the public television show The Truth About Money with Ric Edelman. Edelman was ranked the #1 Independent Financial Advisor in the United States by Barron’s in 2009, 2010, 2012, and 2018. For 2018, Edelman was ranked #1. He is an alumnus of Glassboro State College, now Rowan University, with a bachelor's degree in communications.
In October 2016, Jean and Ric Edelman donated $25 million to the Edelman Fossil Park at Rowan University.
Edelman Financial Services, LLC. is a financial advisory firm with offices in the Washington D.C., New York, Orange County, and Dallas metro areas. In 2018, Hellman and Friedman also took the firm Financial Engines private and merged the two firms into the newly named Edelman Financial Engines. Ric Edelman took up the position on the Board of the combined firm as chairman of financial education and client experience.
Edelman has written several personal finance books:
- Ordinary People, Extraordinary Wealth (2001)
- What You Need to Do Now (2001)
- Discover the Wealth Within You (2003)
- The Lies About Money (2007)
- Rescue Your Money (2009)
- The Truth About Money with Ric Edelman|The Truth About Money (2010)
- The Truth About Retirement Plans and IRAs (2014)
- The Truth About Your Future (2017)
- "Fredric Mark Edelman: Executive Profile & Biography". Bloomberg.com. Bloomberg L.P.
- "Ric Edelman Show". SyndicatedSolutions.com. Syndicated Solutions, Inc. Archived from the original on March 22, 2017.
- McGee, Suzanne (August 25, 2012). "Top 100 Independent Advisors". Barron's. Retrieved June 9, 2013.
Ric Edelman, of Fairfax, Va.-based Edelman Financial Services, moved up from No. 2 to grab the top spot
- Garmhausen, Steve (September 17, 2018). "Top Independent Financial Advisors" (PDF). Barron's. Retrieved November 29, 2018.
- "Rowan alumni Jean and Ric Edelman commit $25 million for University's Fossil Park". Rowan University. October 17, 2016. Retrieved March 18, 2019.
- "Edelman Financial And Financial Engines Complete Merger". Retrieved November 29, 2018.
- "Hellman & Friedman LLC to Become Majority Owner of Edelman Financial Services". Retrieved November 29, 2018.