This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Richard Eleftherios Boyatzis (born 1946) is an American organizational theorist and professor of Organizational Behavior at Case Western Reserve University. He is considered an expert in the field of emotional intelligence, behavior change, and competence.
Boyatzis received his BA in Aeronautics and Astronautics from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1968, and his MA in 1970 and PhD in 1973—both in Social Psychology—from Harvard University.
Boyatzis started his career during the late 1960s, as a psychologist for the Veterans Administration. After three years as a researcher and consultant at a market research company, he became director at the consulting firm McBer and Company—now part of Hay Group—in 1976. In 1987 he became an associate professor at Case Western and, in 1991, he attained the status of a professor at the university.
His major contributions to the competence human resource theory started with his pioneering study The Competent Manager (1982).
||This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (May 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Boyatzis has published 150 books and articles in the areas of emotional intelligence, behavior change, competencies and leadership:
- Competent manager: a model for effective performance (1982)
- Innovation in professional education - steps on a journey from teaching to learning: the story of change and invention at the Weatherhead School of Management (1995)
- Transforming qualitative information: thematic analysis and code development (1998)
- Resonant Leadership: renewing yourself and connecting with others through mindfulness, hope, and compassion (2005)
- Primal leadership: realizing the power of emotional intelligence - with Daniel Goleman and Annie McKee (2002)
- Becoming a resonant leader: develop your emotional intelligence, renew your relationships, sustain your effectiveness - with Annie McKee and Frances Johnston (2008)
- George Thomas Kurian (2013) The AMA Dictionary of Business and Management. p. 36
- RICHARD E. BOYATZIS at bus.umich.edu, 2004
- Richard Boyatzis, Ph.D. Personal page at EI Consortium, 2013
- Raymond Caldwell (2010) "Are HR Business Partner Competency Models Effective?". in: Applied H.R.M. Research, 2010, Volume 12, Number 1, pages 40-58.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Richard Boyatzis|