Richard Burton (cricketer, born 1955)
|Full name||Richard Leslie Burton|
29 January 1955 |
Thealby, Lincolnshire, England
|Domestic team information|
|1974||Minor Counties North|
Source: Cricinfo, 26 May 2012
Despite having not played any form of minor counties cricket, Burton made his List A debut for Minor Counties North against Lancashire in the 1974 Benson & Hedges Cup, scoring 5 runs in the match before he was dismissed by Clive Lloyd. Two years later he madehis debut for Lincolnshire against Staffordshire in the 1976 Minor Counties Championship. He played minor counties cricket for Lincolnshire to 1991, making 60 Minor Counties Championship appearances, the last of which came against Staffordshire. He also made ten MCCA Knockout Trophy appearances. At the time, Lincolnshire were also permitted to take part in the NatWest Trophy, whose matches held List A status. Burton played two List A matches for Lincolnshire, against Surrey in the 1983 NatWest Trophy, and Lancashire in the 1986 NatWest Trophy.
- "Richard Burton". ESPN. Retrieved 17 October 2013.
- "List A Matches played by Richard Burton". CricketArchive. Retrieved 26 May 2012.
- "Minor Counties North v Lancashire, 1974 Benson & Hedges Cup". CricketArchive. Retrieved 26 May 2012.
- "Minor Counties Championship Matches played by Richard Burton". CricketArchive. Retrieved 26 May 2012.
- "Minor Counties Trophy Matches played by Richard Burton". CricketArchive. Retrieved 26 May 2012.