Richard E. Hallgren
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (May 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Richard E. Hallgren is a former executive director of the American Meteorological Society (AMS) with more than 50 years of experience as a scientist. He had a number of senior positions with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) including the director of the National Weather Service, director of World Weather Systems and federal coordinator for Meteorological Services and Supporting Research. He directed the National Weather Service from 1979-1988 and was the executive director of the American Meteorological Society as of 1988. His many national and international honors and awards include: the Arthur S. Fleming Award, the Department of Commerce Gold Medal, the Charles F. Brooks Award and the International Meteorological Organization Prize of the World Meteorological Organization.
- "Richard E. Hallgren". NAE. Retrieved 21 May 2018.
- "Dr. Richard E. Hallgren, head of the National Weather Service, 1979-1988". NOAA Photo Library. Retrieved 21 May 2018.
- "Hallgren, Richard E." Encyclopedia 2. Retrieved 21 May 2018.
- "Flemming Award Recipients 1948-2006". TSPPPA. Retrieved 21 May 2018.
- "Department of Commerce Medal Recipients 1960-1970". NOAA History. Retrieved 21 May 2018.
- "List of Fellows". AMETSOC. Retrieved 21 May 2018.
- "45 Beacon". Ametsoc journal. Retrieved 21 May 2018.