This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Master of Wine
|Notable awards||Finalist, Louis Roederer International Feature Writer Of The Year 2015|
British wine writer Richard Hemming has worked in wine since 2001. His early roles within the wine industry include being a viticultural assistant at Gusbourne Estate in Kent and six years in UK retail management with Majestic Wine.
Hemming started working with Jancis Robinson MW in 2008 and has since been writing regularly for the website JancisRobinson.com ever since. He has also been published by the Financial Times, Decanter, The Drinks Business, Harpers Wine & Spirit, The World of Fine Wine, Noble Rot and has a monthly wine column in the Off Licence News. Notable distinctions includes being shortlisted as the Louis Roederer International Feature Writer Of The Year 2015.
In September 2015, Richard Hemming became one of only 340 Masters of Wine in the world. After passing the theory exam in 2011 and tasting in 2012, his final research paper to complete the highest qualification at the Institute of Masters of Wine focused on How have trends in the publication of consumer wine books changed since 1914, and how does this inform their present prospects?
- The Institute of Masters of Wine. "Richard Hemming MW Profile". mastersofwine.org. Retrieved 2015-08-10.
- "Richard Hemming on Sip & Savour". sipandsavour.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-08-10.
- "The World of Fine Wine Awards Judge Details". worldoffinewine.com. Retrieved 2015-08-10.
- Robinson, Jancis. "Richard Hemming MW". jancisrobinson.com. Retrieved 2015-08-10.
- "Louis Roederer International Wine Writers' Awards Feature Writer". theroedererawards.com. Retrieved 2015-08-10.
- "Meet the Judges: Richard Hemming". decanter.com. Retrieved 2015-08-10.
- The Institute of Masters of Wine. "PRESS RELEASE: A record number of 19 new Masters of Wine announced". mastersofwine.org. Retrieved 2015-07-10.