Richard M. Cohen
Richard M. Cohen
Richard Merrill Cohen
February 14, 1948
|Occupation||Journalist, television producer, author|
|Former producer on CBS News & CNN|
Meredith Vieira (m. 1986)
He is a former senior producer for CBS News and CNN, and he occasionally writes columns for the "Health and Fitness" section of The New York Times.
Cohen is the son of Teresa (Beitzer) and Benjamin Cohen, a doctor. He has had multiple sclerosis since he was 25 years old. He has also had two bouts of colon cancer, one in 1999 and one in 2000.
Cohen married television personality Meredith Vieira (NBC News Special Correspondent and former co-anchor of NBC's Today Show) on June 14, 1986. They live in Irvington, Westchester County, New York and have three children. Their middle child, Gabe Cohen, was a reporter at KHQ-TV in Spokane, Washington and is now a reporter at KOMO-TV in Seattle, Washington.
Richard Merrill Cohen should not be confused with Washington Post columnist Richard Martin Cohen.
- Richard M. Cohen on IMDb
- Richard Cohen (February 22, 2004). "Larry King Live transcript". Larry King: Live (Interview). Interviewed by Larry King. CNN. Retrieved 2008-09-08.
- "Meredith Vieira Today". iVillage. June 2007. Archived from the original on 2008-01-20. Retrieved 2008-09-08.
- "Cohen, Benjamin MD". Hartford Courant. February 24, 2008. Retrieved May 13, 2018.
- Judith Newman (2002). "Meredith Vieira: A Look Back". The Ladies' Home Journal. Archived from the original on 2007-02-16. Retrieved 2007-09-03.
- "TV's Meredith Viera, Husband Cope With Illness". ABC News 20/20 website. January 30, 2004. Retrieved May 13, 2018.
- Cohen, Richard M. (2004). Blindsided: A Reluctant Memoir. HarperCollins Publishers.
- "Gabe Cohen: Meet the KHQ Local News Team". KHQ-TV.
- "Meredith Vieira Is Moved to Tears After Mystery Guest Delivers Mother's Day Surprise—Watch the Emotional Clip". EOnline.com. 2015-05-10. Retrieved 2015-09-15.
- Cohen, Richard M. (2004). Blindsided: Lifting a Life Above Illness: A Reluctant Memoir. HarperCollins. ISBN 978-0060014094.
- Cohen, Richard M. (2008). Strong At The Broken Places. Harper. ISBN 978-0060763114.
- Cohen, Richard M. (2012). I Want to Kill the Dog. Blue Rider Press. ISBN 978-0399162039.
|This article about a United States journalist born in the 1940s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|