Richard W. Burkhardt
|Richard W. Burkhardt|
Ball State University
|Preceded by||John J. Pruis|
|Succeeded by||Jerry M. Anderson|
May 18, 1918|
|Died||March 4, 2014
|Alma mater||Knox College
Richard Wellington Burkhardt (May 18, 1918 – March 4, 2014) was the 8th President of Ball State University, from 1978 to 1979. He retired from the university in 1985. Science Hall, one of the oldest buildings on Ball State's campus, was named the Burkhardt Building in his honor. He died in Muncie, Indiana on March 4, 2014.
- Danglade, James K.; Burkhardt, Richard W. (1985). Sixty Years of Outreach and Public Service: A History of Continuing Education at Ball State University. Muncie, Indiana: Ball State University.
- Hayashi, Tetsumaro; Walker, Janet R.; Burkhardt, Richard W. (1991). Eliza Julia Flower: Letters of an English Gentlewoman: Life on the Illinois-Indiana Frontier, 1817-1861. Muncie, Indiana: Ball State University. ISBN 978-0-937-99420-7.
- "Dr. Richard W. Burkhardt, 95 - The Star Press". 5 March 2014. Retrieved 15 April 2014.
- "Ball State University - Biography of Richard W. Burkhardt". Ball State University website. Retrieved 20 November 2014. External link in
- Who's who in American education: a ... - Google Books. Books.google.com. 2009-10-26. Retrieved 2011-12-06.
- "Ball State University - Richard W. Burkhardt, 1978-1979". Cms.bsu.edu. Retrieved 2011-12-06.
- "Ball State University - Biography of Richard W. Burkhardt". Cms.bsu.edu. Retrieved 2011-12-06.
- "The Burkhardt Building". Ball State University. Retrieved 20 November 2014.
John J. Pruis
|Ball State University president
Jerry M. Anderson
|This biography of an American academic administrator is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|