Ridin' High (Moxy album)
|Studio album by Moxy|
|Recorded||March 1977 Toronto|
|Genre||Hard rock, Heavy metal|
|Length||Lua error in Module:Hms at line 45: Seconds value must be less than 60.|
|Producer||Jack Douglas, Edward Leonetti|
Ridin' High is the third album by the Canadian hard rock band Moxy, released in 1977. The record got good reviews and got the band nominated for a Juno Award (Canada's Grammy) in 1977 for Most Promising Group of the Year. The album produced two Texas hit songs "Are You Ready", and "Ridin' High", as for Canada the album was considered too hard/heavy for Canadian radio at the time and consequently only the slowest paced song "Another Time Another Place" received any airplay in the band's home country. The album still sold well in Canada and especially in Southern USA because of strong live appearances that included shows with AC/DC and Trooper.
In the words of Earl Johnson "I remember going in doing radio interviews and Ridin High was the single and they would put it on and all the needles would just go tilt over right into the red and the station engineer would be freaking out. And I'm going, we're not going to get any airplay with this. I just knew it. And you know, we were a concert act",
- Buzz Shearman: vocals
- Earl Johnson: Guitar - Slide guitar
- Buddy Caine: Guitar - Electric guitar
- Bill Wade: drums
- Terry Juric: Bass
- Jack Douglas - Producer
- Edward Leonetti - Producer
- Mike Jones - Engineer
- Recorded in Toronto at Sounds Interchange in March 1977.
- Mixed in New York City at The Record Plant in March 1977.
Are You Ready From 1977 Album Ridin' High By Buddy Caine, Buzz Shearman
"I'll Set You on Fire " From 1977 Album Ridin' High, By Buddy Caine
|Problems playing these files? See media help.|
- "Nothin' Comes Easy" - 4:22 (Earl Johnson)
- "Rock Baby" - 4:48 (Earl Johnson)
- "Sweet Reputation (Symphony for Margaret)" - 3:54 (Buzz Shearman, Bill Wade, Earl Johnson)
- "I'll Set You on Fire" - 3:17 (Buddy Caine)
- "Ridin' High" - 4:03 (Earl Johnson)
- "Young Legs" - 3:46 (Bill Wade)
- "Another Time Another Place" - 4:39 (Earl Johnson)
- "Are You Ready" - 3:52 (Buddy Caine, Buzz Shearman)
- "Nothin' Comes Easy (Reprise)" - 1:02 (Earl Johnson)
Moxy’s original catalogue of albums were again available starting in 1994 when Valerie Shearman ("Buzz" widow) oversaw the release of all of Moxy's back catalogue of albums on CD through Pacemaker Records, and again in 2003 this time through Unidisc Music Inc.
- Allmusic review
- "Discography". canadianbands.
- "Juno Awards nominations for 1977". junoawards.ca. Archived from the original on September 27, 2007.
- "AC/DC Tour dates for 1977". ac-dc.net. Archived from the original on 2006-10-12. Retrieved 2006-09-22.
- "Earl Johnson Interview Topic:Trooper". angelfire.com.
- "Earl Johnson Interview". Moxy.ca.