Bains in 2007
|Full name||Rikki Lee Bains|
|Date of birth||3 February 1988|
|Place of birth||Coventry, England|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|2006||→ Leek Town (loan)||3||(0)|
|2008||→ King's Lynn (loan)||14||(1)|
|2009||→ Blyth Spartans (loan)||4||(0)|
|2010||→ Gateshead (loan)||5||(0)|
|2012||Sutton Coldfield Town|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 14:50, 1 November 2012 (UTC).
Bains, who is of Asian origin, began his career as a trainee with Coventry City where he had been since he was 11 years of age. At the end of the 2005–06 season, Bains was released by Coventry after failing to make the first team squad.
Bains was picked up by League Two side Accrington Stanley to add strength to their backline for the return to league football. His debut was as a substitute at home to Bury where he came on after 22 minutes for Danny Ventre and was denied a clean sheet on his debut due to a 77th-minute goal from Andy Bishop. He played two more games, before Leam Richardson took over at right back, seeing Bains dropped from the first team. He never regained his place in the team and left the club.
On 18 January 2007, just before his 19th birthday, he joined Conference National side Tamworth. Bains proved to be a hit with Tamworth and their fans, and even though the club were relegated from the Conference National at the end of the 2006–07 season, Bains committed his future to the club for the 2007–08 season in the Conference North.
Bains spent time on loan at King's Lynn, and played for Corby Town and Macclesfield, before signing for Darlington in August 2009 after impressing during training. On 6 November 2009, Baines signed for Conference North club Blyth Spartans on loan. He scored one goal (against Morpeth Town in the Northumberland Senior Cup) in seven appearances in league and cup competitions, before returning to Darlington. In January 2010, Bains signed for Conference National club Gateshead again on loan, until the end of the season, with a view to a permanent deal. He returned to Darlington at the end of the Conference North season, and was released early from his Darlington contract.
Bains started the 2010–11 season with Ilkeston Town, but after they were wound up in September 2010, he signed for Hinckley United on 1 October 2010. Unfortunately he was injured for the majority of the season so only really trained with the youth team then he got released.
- Hugman, Barry J., ed. (2007). The PFA Footballers' Who's Who 2007–08. Edinburgh: Mainstream. p. 30. ISBN 978-1-84596-246-3.
- "Bedworth United sign two new players in time for Stourbridge trip". Coventry Telegraph. Retrieved 1 November 2012.
- "Two new Asian players join Football League". Kick It out. Retrieved 6 May 2010.
- "Stanley snap up ex-Coventry man". BBC Sport. 14 September 2006. Retrieved 6 May 2010.
- "Games played by Rikki Bains in 2006/2007". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 6 May 2010.
- "Tamworth snap up defender Bains". BBC Sport. 18 January 2007. Retrieved 6 May 2010.
- "Delighted Mills". Tamworth F.C. 20 June 2007. Retrieved 6 May 2010.
- Bowron, Jeff (15 January 2010). "Gateshead sign Darlington defender on loan". Gateshead F.C. Retrieved 6 May 2010.
- "Darlington snap up Bains". Darlington F.C. 17 August 2009. Retrieved 6 May 2010.
- "Rikki Bains". Blyth Spartans A.F.C. Retrieved 6 May 2010.
- Walker, Martin (29 April 2010). "Five Players Released". Darlington F.C. Retrieved 6 May 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rikki Bains.|