||This article does not cite any sources. (September 2012)
Rising Sun is a reggae studio album by Augustus Pablo, originally released in 1986 on Greensleeves.
It features Sly Dunbar on drums, Earl "Chinna" Smith on guitar and Dean Frazer on saxophone. Pablo produced the album and played melodica, piano, organ and synthesizer.
The songs were both recorded at Channel One, Dynamic Sounds and Tuff Gong in Kingston, Jamaica as well as at HC & F in New York City.
The album features Phillip Smart and Scientist as engineers.
- Side one
- "Dub Wiser"
- "Hop I Land"
- "Rising Sun"
- "Fire Red"
- "Jah Wind"
- Side two
- "Pipers of Zion"
- "The Day Before the Riot"
- "African Frontline"
- "Melchesedec (The High Priest)"
- "Sign and Wonders"
- "Kent Road"
- Augustus Pablo – keyboards, melodica, piano, organ, synthesizer.
- Sly Dunbar, Noel Alphonso, Basil "Benbow" Creary – drums
- Chris Meredith, Boogsie – bass guitar
- Fazal Prendergast, Earl "Chinna" Smith, Leebert "Gibby" Morrison, Clive Jeffery – guitar
- Menelek, Shacka, Jango – percussion
- Phillip Smart and Scientist – Engineer
- Noel Hearn and Scientist - Mixing Engineer