|Tales from the Crypt Presents: Ritual|
|Directed by||Avi Nesher|
|Produced by||Richard Donner
|Written by||Inez Wallace|
John Kassir (voice of The Crypt Keeper)
|Music by||Shirley Walker|
|Cinematography||David A. Armstrong
|Edited by||Robert A. Ferretti
|Distributed by||RKO Pictures|
99 minutes106 minutes(DVD/Blu-Ray)
Tales from the Crypt Presents: Ritual is the third and final film spin-off from the HBO television series Tales from the Crypt, following Demon Knight and Bordello of Blood. The film was released in 2002 and stars Tim Curry, Jennifer Grey, and Craig Sheffer with Avi Nesher directing. It is based on the film I Walked With a Zombie.
Dr. Alice Dodgson (Jennifer Grey) is fired from a hospital due to her involvement in the death of a patient. With few options, she decides to take a job as a nurse in Jamaica caring for Wesley Claybourne (Daniel Lapaine), a young man apparently suffering from encephalitis. Alice falls in love with Wesley, but she fears that she and Wesley are the targets of a voodoo cult. She befriends Caro (Kristen Wilson), a local girl. Caro advises Alice that any recrimination from the Voodoo community will only come as a result of her interference with their practices. Tension mounts as Alice suffers additional unexplained phenomena. Caro is revealed as the cause of the strange goings-on; she is seeking revenge against Wesley because their father killed Caro's mother and rejected Caro as his daughter, denying her an inheritance. Caro attempts to paralyze Alice and turn her into a zombie, but Alice is only partially paralyzed. Alice causes Caro's plan to backfire, and Caro is turned into a zombie instead. Alice and Wesley abandon Jamaica and move to the United States. The local Police Chief takes Caro into his home and puts her in his bed.
- Jennifer Grey - Dr. Alice Dodgson
- Craig Sheffer - Paul Claybourne
- Daniel Lapaine - Wesley Claybourne
- Kristen Wilson - Caro Lamb
- Gabriel Casseus - J.B.
- Tim Curry - Matthew Hope
- Ron Taylor - Superintendent Archbald
- Erick Avari - Dr. Peter Winsford
- Dorothy Cunningham - Violette
- Kathy Owen as Dr. Shaba
- Jessica Collins - Jackie
- Stephen Tobolowsky - Dr. Javitz
- Natasha Budhi as Dori
- John Kassir - Voice of The Crypt Keeper
A third Crypt movie was planned on the release of Bordello, but due to the low box office take in on the film, references to the Tales from the Crypt franchise were removed until the DVD release.
This movie was originally released for foreign countries in 2001. It was also released in Japan on January 25, 2006. It was not released in the United States and Canada until May 2, 2006 on DVD. It was later released on Blu-ray on December 4, 2012.
Echo Bridge Entertainment - Miramax (Region A)
- Aspect ratio: 1.78:1
- Resolution: 1080i (Codec: MPEG-4 AVC)
- Audio: English DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 (48 kHz, 24-bit)
- Note: 25GB Blu-ray Disc
- "Tales from the Crypt - Ritual". Avrev.com. 2006-05-02. Retrieved 2015-11-24.
- "Ritual (2001) - Black Horror Movies.com tales from the crypt voodoo jennifer grey". Blackhorrormovies.com. Retrieved 2015-11-24.
- "Voodoo Asesino (2001)". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 2015-11-24.