Riverside High School (Lake County, Ohio)
|Riverside High School|
585 Riverside Drive|
Painesville, (Lake County), Ohio 44077
|Type||Public, Coeducational high school|
|School district||Riverside Local Schools|
|Color(s)||Black and Gold|
|Song||Halls of Ivy|
|Athletics conference||Western Reserve Conference|
|Rival||Harvey Red Raiders|
|Athletic Director||Dave Bors |
Riverside High School is a public high school in Painesville Township, Lake County, Ohio. It is the only high school in the Riverside Local School District (prior to July 2007, the Painesville Township Local School District). The Riverside Campus houses John R. Williams Junior High School, Riverside High School, the Football stadium, a bus garage, a field house, several baseball fields, the Board of Education, and the Weiss Media Center. The first classes were held in September 1949 and the first class of seniors graduated in 1952. The campus was originally two separate buildings- one for the lower grades, and the second for the upper grades. In the late 1990s, The John J. Weiss Media Center was built connecting the two buildings with four computer classrooms, a television studio, and a library.
- Mike Celizic, sports columnist. Class of 1966.
- Scott Shafer, head coach for the Syracuse team, former defensive coordinator for the Michigan Wolverines. Class of 1985.
- Jason Short, NFL player. Class of 1997.
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association member directory". Archived from the original on 2010-11-04. Retrieved 2010-04-02.
- William Mason High School - The Chronicle - Volume 4, Issue 1, page 4, October 27, 2006
- Read, Dennis "Is Your Logo Safe?" Athletic Management - August–September 2005, accessed September 27, 2010