Robert D'Silva was born in Karachi, Pakistan, on 7 June 1925. He attended St Patrick's High School, Karachi, where he was a classmate of BJP President L.K. Advani. He studied theology in Shillong from 1944 and was ordained a priest on August 24, 1952.
In 1985, D'Silva who was then the parish priest of St. Anthony's Church, built and expanded the St. Anthony's Boys School to become a full fledged Matriculation school.
In 1994, he lobbied officials to seek permission to build an Old Priests Home on a Civil Lines plot of land owned by the Archdiocese. In 2000 the Old Priests Home was completed. A beautiful Chapel inside fulfilled the spiritual needs of the first residents, Frs. Robert D'Silva, Melito Dias and Joseph D'Mello.
The Father Robert D'Silva Golden Jubilee Invitation Inter-school cricket tournament was named in his honour in 2002 to celebrate 50 years of his priesthood.
In 2004, he led a group of 300 pilgrims to the Indian state of Goa for the decennial exposition of Saint Francis Xavier's relics in Old Goa. At the time he is once again the parish priest of St. Lawrence's Church in Karachi.
- Mascarenhas, Oswin (2011). The Origin and Evolution of St Lawrence's Parish, Karachi, Pakistan: The Garden Area with the Settlement of the Christian Community (Kindle Location 2461). Kindle Edition.
- "The Tribune June 5, 2005".
- "Indian Express December 06, 2004".
- "UCANews.com October 2, 1996".
- "Dawn October 24, 2002".
- "UCANews.com November 16, 2004".
- "UCANews.com December 23, 2004".
|This article about a Roman Catholic clergyman is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Pakistani religion-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|