Robert E. England
Robert E. England is an American political scientist. He is an Emeritus Professor in the Department of Political Science at Oklahoma State University. He is a former graduate student of David R. Morgan. England is the Founding Editor of International Fire Service Journal of Leadership and Management and an Editorial Board member for the Journal of Social Change.
Career & Scholarship
England began his career as an Assistant Professor of Political Science at Oklahoma State University in 1982. In 1990, he reached the rank of full professor, and in 1997, he became head of the department. His scholarly work includes coauthorship of Race, Class, and Education: The Politics of Second Generation Discrimination, Oklahoma Politics & Policies: Governing the Sooner State, and Managing Urban America.
England was the co-founder of the Master’s of Science in Fire and Emergency Management Administration at OSU, and he is founding editor of the International Fire Service Journal of Leadership and Management.
Honors and awards
- 1987-88 OSU Fred Jones Award for Teaching Excellence
- 1992 Oklahoma Center for the Book: Outstanding Nonfiction Book Award, for the book Oklahoma Politics & Policies: Governing the Sooner State (with David Morgan and George Humphreys), University of Nebraska Press, 1991, ISBN 0-8032-8136-6
- 1996 Phi Eta Sigma OSU freshman honor society outstanding teaching award.
- 1997 Outstanding Oklahoma Political Scientist, Oklahoma Political Science Association.
- 1998 Outstanding Teaching Award, American Political Science Association and Pi Sigma Alpha.
- 2011 University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma Hall of Fame
- "Emeritus Faculty". Oklahoma State University Department of Political Science. Oklahoma State University. Retrieved September 13, 2016.
- "Contact Editor". International Fire Service Journal of Leadership and Management. Fire Protection Publications, Oklahoma State University. Retrieved September 13, 2016.
- Article submission information. Archived 2011-07-26 at the Wayback Machine. International Fire Service Journal of Leadership and Management. Accessed January 23, 2010.
- Editorial Board, Journal of Social Change. Accessed January 23, 2010
- "Political Scientist, Educator listed for USAO Hall of Fame". University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma. October 26, 2011. Retrieved September 13, 2016.
- "New Appointments". People in Political Science. American Political Science Association. 15 (3): 498. Summer 1982. JSTOR 418910.
- Morgan, David R.; England, Robert E. & Humphreys, George G. (1991), Oklahoma Politics and Policies: Governing the Sooner State, Lincoln, Nebraska: University of Nebraska Press, p. 270
- England, Robert E.; Pelissero, John P. & Morgan, David R. (2011), Managing Urban America (7th ed.), CQ Press
- Oklahoma Book Award Winners. Oklahoma Center for the Book. Accessed January 23, 2010
- OSU awards. stillwater.org, City of Stillwater, Oklahoma. Accessed January 23, 2010
- 1998 Campus-Wide Teaching Award Recipients. PS: Political Science and Politics, Vol. 31, No. 4 (Dec., 1998), pp. 782-785
- Robert E. England, personal webpage[permanent dead link], Department of Political Science, Oklahoma State University
|This biography of an American political scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|