Robert Holl (born 10 March 1947 in Rotterdam) is a Dutch bass-baritone classical singer. Holl studied first in the Netherlands, then, after winning the first prize at the 1971 International Vocal Competition ´s-Hertogenbosch (IVC) in the city of 's-Hertogenbosch, he went to study with Hans Hotter in Munich.
Decorations and awards
- Kammersänger of the City of Vienna (1990)
- Honorary member of the Society of Friends of Music in Vienna (1997)
- Honorary member of the Carinthian Summer Festival (1997)
- Honorary member of the Weinbruderschaft Krems (26 April 1997)
- Austrian Cross of Honour for Science and Art, 1st class (31 May 2005)
- Knight of the Order of the Netherlands Lion (27 October 2007)
- The Core of All Things songs by Edgar Tinel, Peter Benoit, Gustave Huberti, Arthur Verhoeven, on Phaedra Records.
- Laura Williams Macy The Grove book of opera singers Page 224 2008 "Holl, Robert (b Rotterdam, 10 March 1947). Dutch bass-baritone. After studying in the Netherlands he won first prize at the 1971 's- Hertogenbosch competition and went to study further with hans Hotter in Munich,"
- Gemeentearchief Rotterdam collecties.gemeentearchief.rotterdam.nl