Robert Leroux (sociologist)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Robert Leroux is a sociology professor born in 1964, at St-Jérôme (Québec). He holds a postdoctoral degree from the C.N.R.S. (Centre national de la recherche scientifique, France), a doctoral degree in Sociology from the Université Laval (Canada), a master's degree in Sociology from the Université de Montréal (Canada) and a bachelor's degree in History from the Université de Montréal (Canada).
After having lectured at the Université Laval, at the Université de Montréal and at the University of Alberta, Leroux became an assistant professor, then an associate professor and he was named full professor at the University of Ottawa, where he is currently teaching.
Leroux is interested by epistemology, the history of social sciences and liberal thought. The French version of his book Political Economy and Liberalism: The Economic Contribution of Frédéric Bastiat was rewarded with the "Prix Charles Dupin" by the Académie des Sciences Morales et Politiques of Paris, Economics Section, in 2008. The English translation was published in 2011 at Routledge. He also published the first book in French entirely devoted to the Austrian economist Ludwig von Mises in 2009. In most of his works, he wants to show that social sciences can achieve a level of scientific rigor that compares to natural sciences.
- (ed.) "The Anthem Companion to Gabriel Tarde", (London, Anthem Press, 2018).
- Aux fondements de l'industrialisme: Comte, Dunoyer et la pensée libérale en France, (Paris, Hermann, 2015).
- (With David M. Hart), L'Âge d'or du libéralisme français, (Paris, Ellipses, 2014).
- (With David M. Hart), French Liberalism in the 19th Century: An Anthology, (London and New York, Routledge. 2012).
- Gabriel Tarde, vie, oeuvres, concepts" (Paris: Ellipses, 2011).
- Ludwig von Mises, vie, œuvres, concepts (Paris: Ellipses, 2009)
- Lire Bastiat, Science sociale et libéralisme (Paris: Hermann, 2008).
- Political Economy and Liberalism: The Economic Contribution of Frédéric Bastiat (Routledge, Series: Routledge Studies in the History of Economics, pp. 256
- Édouard Montpetit : Réflexions sur la question nationale (Montréal: Bibliothèque québécoise, 2005).
- Cournot sociologue (Paris: Presses Universitaires de France, pp. 200, 2004)
- Y a-t-il encore une sociologie ? Raymond Boudon with Robert Leroux, (Paris: Odile Jacob, pp. 250, 2003)
- Histoire et sociologie en France (Paris: Presses Universitaires de France, pp. 269, 1998)