From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Robin redbreast may refer to any one of several species of birds that are not closely related:
- American robin, Turdus migratorius, in the Turdidae (true thrush) family
Several species in the Petroicidae (Australasian robins) family, including:
- Flame robin, Petroica phoenicea
- Red-capped robin, Petroica goodenovii
- Scarlet robin, Petroica multicolor
- European robin, Erithacus rubecula, a small passerine bird in the Muscicapidae (Old World flycatchers) family. American and Australian species were named "robins" because their reddish breasts reminded early British colonists of this familiar British bird
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Robin redbreast.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.