|Released||October 20, 2017|
|Singles from Robots|
Robots is the fourth EP by American hip-hop duo EarthGang, released October 20, 2017 by Spillage Village and distributed by Empire Distribution. Released as a sequel to their third EP Rags, it is the second instalment in a trilogy of EPs, leading up to their debut album, Mirrorland. The EP features production from Swish, Groove, Anonxmous, Insightful, and Johnny Venus. It features a guest appearance from SiR.
EarthGang initially met J. Cole in 2014 while touring with Ab-Soul and was told by their manager that "Cole was feelin' them". Shortly after the release of their 2015 album Strays with Rabies and while touring with Bas in 2016, Dot and Venus began recording a "deconstructed album" which would form the three EPs, leading up to their major-label debut album, Mirrorland.
Singles and promotion
Robots has received generally positive reviews. In a positive review for HotNewHipHop, Mitch Findlay wrote: "Dare I say reminiscent of a new-age OutKast. There's no denying that Atlanta is running the game, but EarthGang is quietly making a case that the lyricists having something to say. Writing for The Lunchtable Talks, Williams Rivas said, "The EP is a strong show of what the future holds for EarthGang. Vulnerability, musical prowess, a respect for hip hop and R&B roots, and an unmatchable chemistry. Since the group’s inception, to their time with Spillage Village, to their present status under the wing of one of the current greatest rappers in the game, Johnny Venus and Doctur Dot are perfecting their craft with each and every venture". Pitchfork Media wrote a positive review of the EP and praised "Flickted" as the project's standout track, calling it "an expansive, glistening wash of electric piano infuses their rhymes with warmth and optimism".
|4.||"Underwater" (featuring SiR)||Insightful||2:54|
|5.||"So Many Feelings"||Anonxmous||3:32|
- Ivey, Justin (October 19, 2017). "EarthGang Release "Robots" EP". HipHopDX. Retrieved March 5, 2018.
- Ivey, Justin (September 26, 2017). "EarthGang Explain How They Got Signed By J. Cole, "Rags" EP & Upcoming Projects". HipHopDX. Retrieved March 5, 2018.
- Lammare, Carl (October 6, 2017). "EarthGang Dive Deep Into Their Emotions on 'Robots': Premiere". Billboard. Retrieved March 5, 2018.
- "EARTHGANG - Robots (Official Video)". YouTube. October 19, 2017. Retrieved March 5, 2018.
- Findlay, Mitch (October 20, 2017). "EarthGang Look To The Future On "Robots" EP". HotNewHipHop. Retrieved March 5, 2018.
- "EarthGang's 'Robots' EP is Ironically Natural, Nostalgic & Emotional". The Lunchtable Talks. October 28, 2017. Retrieved March 5, 2018.
- Schwartz, Danny (October 23, 2017). "Flickted by EarthGang Review". Pitchfork. Retrieved March 5, 2018.