Rock City Club
Rock City Club was created by Jack Wishna, Ofek Hayon, Brian Silver, music promoter Don Kirshner, and Michael Jackson The management team, partners, and investors attracted to the business include Internet entrepreneurs and music industry executives. One of the original creators of MTV and co-founder of Internet service provider NetZero are listed among the company's board. It was described by the company as "the music industry's first Social Music Network".
Some of the biggest music producers in the world, with 162 Grammy Awards to their names, participate in Rock City Club. The Rockcityclub.com "Producers' Circle" includes Phil Ramone and Ron Dante and the people behind acts such as Lady Gaga, Madonna, Jay-Z, Michael Jackson, and Amy Winehouse.
In 2012, Rock City Club partnered with Slacker online music service to create what it described as the world’s first internet music channel devoted exclusively to giving undiscovered artists and bands the chance to have their music heard by millions of potential fans. The channel was headed by Ron Dante and includes the production expertise of people like Phil Ramone, Kerry Gordy (son of Motown legend Berry Gordy), and Lamont Dozier.
- Stutz, Howard (September 6, 2011). "Aspiring Musicians to have a new Gig". Las Vegas Review Journal. Retrieved November 29, 2012.
- Becca, Tom (January 13, 2010). "'Rock City Club' To Discover Rock 'Stars of Tomorrow' with Michael Jackson's Comeback Partner". Road Crew Magazine. Retrieved November 29, 2012.
- Caballero, Martin (October 12, 2011). "Rock City Club opens doors on Web for aspiring bands". Reuters. Retrieved November 29, 2012.
- Leach, Robin (October 17, 2011). "Michael Jackson's dream of global talent search is coming true". The Las Vegas Sun. Retrieved November 29, 2012.
- Peoples, Glenn (September 15, 2011). "Business Matters: Rock City Club Joins Long List of Services For Indie Musicians". Billboard Magazine. Retrieved November 29, 2012.
- Klimas, Emily (December 16, 2011). "Talent Behind Lady Gaga, Madonna, Jay Z, Michael Jackson, Amy Winehouse and Other Superstars to Now Power Producer's Circle at rockcityclub.com". Las Vegas: eReleases. Retrieved November 29, 2012.
- Leach, Robin (March 21, 2012). "Strip Scribbles: Mandalay Bay wins ACM Award for Casino of the Year". Las Vegas Sun. Retrieved November 29, 2012.
- Stutz, Howard (March 26, 2012). "Site provides virtual stage for aspiring bands". Las Vegas Business Press. Retrieved November 29, 2012.
|This article about a music website is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|