Rodney Smith (American football)
|No. 17 Cleveland Browns|
|Date of birth:||March 11, 1990|
|Place of birth:||Miami, Florida|
|Height:||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight:||220 lb (100 kg)|
|High school:||Miami (FL) Archbishop Carroll|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2013|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Rodney Smith (born March 11, 1990) is an American football wide receiver for the Cleveland Browns. He played college football at Florida State. He signed with the Vikings as an undrafted free agent in 2013.
Smith attended Archbishop Carroll High School in Miami, Florida, where he was a two-sport athlete in football and track. He earned the Miami Herald All-Dade honors at wide receiver. In his final two seasons at Archbishop Carroll High School in which he finished with a total of 65 receptions, 1,330 receiving yards and 17 receiving touchdowns. He was also on the track & field team, where he posted times of 23.00 seconds in the 200-meter dash and 51.98 in the 400-meter dash. He was a four-star prospect out of high school in which he was ranked among the top 100 prospects nationally.
|Name||Home town||High school / college||Height||Weight||40‡||Commit date|
|Miami, Florida||Archbishop Carroll High School||6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)||202 lb (92 kg)||4.7||Jul 26, 2008|
|Scout: Rivals: 247Sports: N/A|
|Overall recruiting rankings: Scout: 35 (WR) Rivals: 8 (WR), 65 (National), 13 (Florida)|
He played at College football at Florida State. During his Junior season, He was selected as the top conditioned athlete at the Florida State's annual banquet. He finished college with a total of 106 receptions, 1,540 receiving yards along with 10 touchdowns. During his Senior season on October 13, 2012, in a regular season game against Boston College in which he had a Season High 9 receptions and 108 receiving yards. He participated in the 2013 East-West Shrine Game on the East team.
2013 NFL Combine
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 5 in||225 lb||34 3/4 in||10 3/8 in||4.43 s||1.58 s||2.55 s||4.07 s||7.03 s||34.5 in||10 ft 0 in|
|All values from the NFL Combine |
After not being drafted in the 2013 NFL Draft Smith signed with the Minnesota Vikings the night that the draft had ended. Smith was released by the Vikings on August 31, 2013 (along with 18 others) to get to a 53-man roster and signed to the practice squad the next day. He was released on October 2, 2014.
- "Florida State Seminoles profile". seminoles.com.
- "Rivals.com profile". rivals.yahoo.com.
- "Noles Honored". seminoles.com. Retrieved December 4, 2011.
- "Noles honored at annual awards banquet". scout.com. Retrieved December 5, 2011.
- "Rodney Smith college statistics". sports-reference.com.
- "Florida State at Boston College Box Score". foxsports.com.
- "2013 East-West Shrine Game rosters". nfl.com. Retrieved January 14, 2013.
- Rodney Smith NFL Combine profile
- Hasan, Arif (August 31, 2013). "Minnesota Vikings Release Final 53-Man Roster, Final Cuts". DailyNorseman.com (SB Nation). Retrieved September 1, 2013.
- Alper, Josh. "Vikings add Chandler Harnish to active roster". Pro Football Talk. Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- Wilkening, Mike. "Browns awarded WR Rodney Smith on waivers from Minnesota". Pro Football Talk. Retrieved 5 October 2014.