This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Faro in 2015
Rodrigo Alcazar Faro
October 20, 1973
|Net worth||US$31.8 million (2018)|
Vera Fiel (m. 1997)
Rodrigo Alcazar Faro (born October 20, 1973) is a Brazilian television presenter, actor and singer.
He started his career at the age of 9 in 1982 when he participated in a milk commercial. As a child he was a model and presenter of the children's program ZYB Bom on TV Bandeirantes.
Later in August he debuted as the presenter of Ídolos. Rodrigo stayed in charge of the program for four seasons, being succeeded by Marcos Mion in 2012. In 2012 Rodrigo presented the Fazenda de Verão, also on RecordTV.
In 2013, the presenter came to realize a dream; host a program on Sundays. O Melhor do Brasil left Saturday nights for Sunday afternoons to cover up the hole left by Gugu Liberato's program, which ended a week earlier than scheduled due to the Liberato's departure from Rede Record, and by program Tudo é Possível, when its last broadcast happened on December 2012. The program ended up having its name changed to Hora do Faro in 2014.
O Melhor do Brasil won Faro the Troféu Imprensa for five consecutive years in the category "Best TV Presenter or Animator". On September 27, 2015, Rodrigo became the godfather of singer Felipe Araújo, brother of late sertanejo universitário singer Cristiano Araújo.
Rodrigo is an exclusive artist of RecordTV and his most recent contract lasted until 2017.
Faro has three daughters: Clara, Maria and Helena who were born in 2006, 2008 and 2012, respectively, with fellow TV personality and ex-model Vera Viel. The couple has been together since 1997 and has been married since 2003. In their wedding rings is written "Forever, Vera" and "Forever, Rodrigo." Accordding to Faro, it was love at first sight. Faro is Catholic, his mother, Vera Lúcia Alcazar Faro, is a university professor. Gil Vicente, Faro's father, was a dentist and split up from his wife when Rodrigo was 9 years old. Gil died when Faro was 13 years old and they had little contact.
Rodrigo has a blog on the Internet portal of RecordTV, R7.
In 2014, Rodrigo had his net worth valued at R$100 million (US$23 million) by Isto É magazine. As a presenter, he receives a monthly salary of R$2 million (US$478,572) from RecordTV. In addition, Rodrigo is also spokenperson of several brands, receiving per month around R$1.5 million (US$481,305) in advertising and merchandising, as calculated in 2016. His greatest year of income was 2013, when he earned R$45 million (US$10,767,870), including the contract valued at R$3 million (US$717.858) to star commercials for Chevrolet.
As of August 2018, his net worth is estimated to be R$133.5 million (around US$31.8 million in 2018 dollars).
|1996||Antônio Alves, Taxista||Eliseu / Dário|
|1998||Malhação||Bruno Magalhães||Season 4|
|1999||Suave Veneno||Renildo Soares|
|1999; 2000||Sai de Baixo||Pedro Tala Larga /
|Episode: "Antes Scort que Mal Acompanhado" (season 4, episode 31)|
Episode: "Quem Vai Ficar com Magda" (season 5, episode 11)
|2000||O Cravo e a Rosa||Heitor Lacerda de Moura|
|2002||Natal no Sítio||Hércules||Year-End TV Special|
|2003||A Casa das Sete Mulheres||Joaquim Ribeiro (Quincas)|
|2003||Chocolate com Pimenta||Guilherme Oliveira Fernandes|
|2004||Cabocla||Augusto de Oliveira|
|2004||Sob Nova Direção||Téo||Episode: "Como Ser Perua" (season 1, episode 10)|
|2005||Alma Gêmea||Zacarias Príncipe|
|2006||O Profeta||Carlos Zucrini Gonçalves (Tainha)|
|2007||Dança no Gelo||Himself / Contestant||Talent competition / season 1|
|2007||Guerra e Paz||Ferreira||Episode: "Pilot" (Season 1)|
|2008||Poeira em Alto Mar||Peteco Denís|
|2008||Chamas da Vida||Lietenant Wallace Amaro da Silva||Episodes from July 8–July 14, 2008"|
|2008–14||O Melhor do Brasil||Presenter|
|2009||Bela, a Feia||Himself||Episode of August 4, 2009"|
|2010||Ribeirão do Tempo||Himself||Episode of June 7, 2010|
|2012||Rebelde||Himself||Episode of July 5, 2012|
|2012–13||Fazenda de Verão||Presenter|
|2013||Dona Xepa||Himself||Episode of September 21, 2013|
|2014–present||Hora do Faro||Presenter|
|2010||Astro Boy||Astro Boy/Tobi||Voice over|
|Chuvas de Estrelas||
As main artist
|"Não Diga Nada"||2001||Rodrigo Faro|
As featured artists
(Angélica featuring Rodrigo Faro)
|1999||Angel Hits & Amigos|
|"La Media Vuelta"||2003||N/A||A Casa das Sete Mulheres soundtrack|
|"Reencontro"||2008||Rosana||Os Mutantes: Caminhos do Coração soundtrack|
|"Por Que?"||2010||N/A||Ribeirão do Tempo soundtrack|
- ""Rodrigo Faro"" (in Portuguese). Gente IG. Retrieved 28 March 2014.
- Rodrigo Faro apresenta o novo 'Ídolos'
- Marcos Mion substitui Rodrigo Faro no comando do "Ídolos"
- Em entrevista exclusiva, Rodrigo Faro fala sobre a experiência de apresentar a Fazenda de Verão
- "Não posso me comparar com o Gugu que tem 40 anos de televisão", diz Rodrigo Faro
- Rodrigo Faro ganha quarto Troféu Imprensa consecutivo
- Lista dos vencedores do "Troféu Imprensa 2013" é divulgada na rede; confira
- ""Rodrigo Faro renova contrato com a Record"" (in Portuguese). Terra. Retrieved 28 March 2014.
- Rodrigo Faro abre sua casa e apresenta a caçula Helena, de 4 meses
- "Falo com a classe C porque sou sem frescura", diz Rodrigo Faro
- Rodrigo Faro: "Quero ser o apresentador número 1 do Brasil"
- "Rodrigo Faro tem fortuna estimada em 100 milhões de reais". Daqui de Brasília. Retrieved 21 August 2010.
- "Rodrigo Faro ganha R$ 2 milhões na Record e provoca: 'Incomodando Faustão'". Pure People. Retrieved 22 December 2016.
- "Sabrina Sato e Rodrigo Faro dublam nova animação nos cinemas".
- "Rodrigo Faro by Rodrigo Faro". iTunes. Retrieved 21 August 2010.
- "Rodrigo Faro e Luan Santana fazem dueto". Portal Sucesso. Retrieved 21 August 2010.
- "Chuva de Estrelas by Rodrigo Faro". iTunes. Retrieved 21 August 2010.
- "Com caras e bocas, Rodrigo Faro já conquistou muitas fãs também como cantor". R7. Retrieved 21 August 2010.
- "Angélica featuring Rodrigo Faro – Meu Herói". Discogs. Retrieved 21 August 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rodrigo Faro.|