Ron Kobayashi is a jazz pianist from southern California. He has worked with Kenny Burrell, Tom Scott, Margaret Whiting, Peter Frampton, the Modernaires, Peter White, Mel Tormé, and Tim Weisberg. He served as music director of the Hollywood Diversity Awards for five years.
The Ron Kobayashi Trio was formed in 1994. The Trio has recorded a DVD and 4 CDs which have received airplay around the world. In 1996, the trio was voted Best Jazz Group in Orange County by readers of the Orange County Weekly. In 2012, the Ron Kobayashi Trio was nominated for Best Jazz at the Orange County Music Awards.
- Trio (1994)
- Exotic Places (1998)
- No Preservatives (2001)
- Of Standards, Be-Bop and Swing (2007)
- DVD "Live at Steamers" (2003)
- Prato, Greg. "Ron Kobayashi". AllMusic. Retrieved 1 October 2018.
- Yanow, Scott (1 October 2004). Jazz on Film. Hal Leonard. pp. 116–. ISBN 978-1-61774-701-4. Retrieved 1 October 2018.
- Orange County Music Awards
- "Ron Kobayashi | People, Biola University". www.biola.edu. Retrieved 2017-05-11.
|This article on an American jazz pianist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|