Ron Pernick is an American author and the co-founder and managing director of Clean Edge, a Portland, Oregon research and advisory firm that monitors clean technology markets. He is "an accomplished market research, publishing, and business development entrepreneur with two decades of high-tech experience".
At Clean Edge, Ron Pernick has co-authored many reports on emerging green technologies and has worked with multinational companies, government agencies, and investors. Through his work at Clean Edge, Mr. Pernick has also helped design and develop three clean-energy focused stock indexes with NASDAQ OMX (one for U.S. clean energy, one for global wind energy, and one for global smart grid). He has also taught MBA-level courses at Portland State University and New College, is widely quoted in the media, and is a regular speaker at industry events in the U.S. and abroad.
With Clint Wilder, Pernick is author of The Clean Tech Revolution' and Clean Tech Nation: How the U.S. Can Lead in the New Global Economy (HarperCollins, September 2012).
- Kanu Jr., Kingsley (November 2008). "Get in or Get Left Behind". Black Enterprise. 39: 86.
- Anderson, Leonard (August 5, 2007). "For investors, a heads-up on clean tech". The Boston Globe.
- "Sustainable Alpha: Ron Pernick". Sustainable Business Oregon. October 20, 2010.
- Ron Pernick Clean Edge.
- Ron Pernick Renewable Energy World.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-11-07. Retrieved 2012-10-02.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Ron Pernick (2012). "Clean Energy Trends 2012" (PDF). Clean Edge. p. 7.
- Pernick's Energy Blog at seattlepi.com