|Education||BA in Economics|
|Alma mater||University of California, Berkeley|
|Title||President Emeritus of Prosper Marketplace|
|Board member of||Credible|
Ron Suber is an American investor. He has held executive positions at Bear Stearns, Spectrum Global, Merlin Securities, Wells Fargo Securities, and Prosper Marketplace. He is also an investor in sixteen different Fintech companies.
Suber began working at Bear Stearns in 1992, eventually becoming a senior managing director of their San Francisco office and Manager of Global Clearing Sales for the Prime Brokerage, Correspondent Clearing and Registered Investment Advisor. In 2006 Suber then joined Spectrum Global as President; the fund held $26 billion under management at that time. Following this, Suber began working at Merlin Securities in 2008, where he was head of global sales. In 2012 he then moved to Wells Fargo, where he served as managing director Wells Fargo Securities following Wells Fargo’s acquisition of Merlin.
Suber served as the President of Prosper Marketplace, until taking the position of President Emeritus. He first joined the company in 2013 as an investor. At Prosper, he provided an online lending platform for company founders looking for investment. In this role he has been referred to as a “Fintech pioneer”. As an investor focusing on Fintech, Suber has invested in companies including DocuSign and SoFi, and held investments in sixteen firms as of 2017. Suber is also on the board of and Vice Chairman of Australian Securities Exchange listed Credible, and the advisory boards of DocuSign, Juvo, Unison Home Ownership Investors, Money360, and eOriginal.
Suber is married with two children, living in San Francisco.
- "Ronald Suber: Executive Profile & Biography". Bloomberg.
- "Suber leaves Bear Stearns to join Spectrum". Hedge Week. 30 May 2006.
- "The Trillion-dollar payoff". Institutional Investor.
- Krudy, Edward. "Prime brokerages consolidate after "big bang"". Reuters.
- "Release 2.0". "O'Reilly Media, Inc.". 31 October 2017. p. 18 – via Google Books.
- "Merlin Nabs Ex-Bear Stearns Prime Brokerage Exec". FINalternatives.
- "Two Vermuts and Ron Suber leave Wells Fargo to Prosper". Securities Lending Times.
- "Prosper Which Bought Israeli Billguard sees". Geek Time. January 27, 2016.
- "Ron Suber on Fintech & Fraud: A Global Challenge (Deck)". Crowdfund Insider. 22 March 2017.
- "Upstart 50 Master Ron Suber". Silicon Valley Business Journal.
- "Ron Suber Fintech Prosper Biggest Investments". Silicon Valley Business Journal. May 22, 2017.
- "The State of the Industry: Prosper President Ron Suber Examines the Past, Present, and Future of Fintech". The Lending Times.
- Cortese, Amy (3 May 2014). "Loans That Avoid Banks? Maybe Not". The New York Times.
- "Actionable Trading Ideas, Real Time News, Financial Insight". Benzinga.
- "To Get Ahead in Fintech you need to be in touch". Silicon Valley Business Journal.
- Cindy (25 May 2017). "Prosper's Ron Suber & His Sweet Sixteen Fintechs". FintekNews.
- "Ron Suber, Mitch Jacobs & Alexandra Wilkis Wilson to Advise YieldStreet". Crowdfund Insider. 3 October 2017.
- "Credible Raised $50 Million in IPO on Australian Securities Exchange - LendEDU". LendEDU. 2017-12-12. Retrieved 2018-07-05.
- "Student Loans Credit Cards Fintech". Silicon Valley Business Journal.
- "Ron Suber". Business Insider.
- "Not shadow banking but 'sunlight banking'". CNBC.
- "The Stamina of Rocky Balboa: Prosper President Ron Suber Updates on Marketplace Lending Industry". Crowd Fund Insider. 6 March 2017.
- "Ron Suber - President Emeritus and Senior Advisor @ Prosper - Crunchbase". Crunchbase.