|Alma mater||Columbia University |
London Business School
|Occupation||Former CEO of Barnes & Noble, Brookstone, and Sears Canada|
Early life and career
Until 2001, Boire worked at Sony Electronics for seventeen years, eventually rising to President. Boire then obtained an MBA from Columbia University and the London Business School in 2003. After graduation, Boire worked at Best Buy till 2006, serving as Executive Vice President and Global Merchandising Manager. Boire then joined Toys R Us as president of North America. Later, in 2009, Boire joined Brookstone as President and CEO. He became Chief Merchandising Officer for Sears and Kmart in 2012.
He was the acting President and CEO of Sears Canada from October 2014 to November 2015 and director at Retail Council of Canada. Boire was succeeded at Sears Canada by Carrie Kirkman. In 2015, he was hired as the CEO of Barnes & Noble.. In 2016, he left Barnes & Noble.
- "TOYS “R” US NAMES RONALD D. BOIRE PRESIDENT OF U.S. TOY BUSINESS - Press Releases - Toys"R"Us Corporate". Archived from the original on 2010-11-29. Retrieved 2016-07-24.
- "Sears names ex-Brookstone CEO merchandising chief | Reuters". reuters.com. Retrieved 2016-07-24.
- "Sears Canada names U.S. merchandising executive Ronald Boire as acting CEO | Financial Post". business.financialpost.com. Retrieved 2016-07-24.
- "Sears Canada names Jones Apparel's Carrie Kirkman to new chief role | Toronto Star". thestar.com. Retrieved 2016-07-24.
- "Barnes & Noble Bookstores Get New Chief Executive: Ronald Boire". inquisitr.com. Retrieved 2016-07-24.
|This article about an American businessperson born in the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|