Ronald G. Shelley
In 2003 he bequeathed a collection of five volumes of covers, used to and from the International Brigades, to the British Library where it forms part of the British Library Philatelic Collections as the Shelley Collection.
The bulk of the rest of Shelley's collection was sold in January 2004 by Harmers of London in two sections, earlier Spanish philatelic material including pre-stamp and stampless covers and a 1601 document signed by King Phillip III of Spain, and a large quantity of material relating to the Spanish Civil War.
- The postal history of the Spanish Civil War, 1936-1939. Brighton: R.G. Shelley, 1967.
- Propaganda leaflets of the Spanish Civil War. Hove: R.G. Shelley, 1990.
- Bateman, Robert. Stamp collectors' who's who. London: Stanley Gibbons, 1960, p. 78.
- "Donations Received: Spanish Civil War - Blackburn Collection" in British Library Philatelic Collections Newsletter, Issue 19, Spring 2012, p. 4.
- The Shelley Collection. British Library, 28 January 2012.
- Famous stock of the late Ronald G. Shelley achieves over £100,000 at auction. Harmers of London. Retrieved 3 April 2012. Archived here.