Ronald de Sousa
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
De Sousa is an Emeritus Professor at the Department of Philosophy of the University of Toronto, which he joined in 1966. He is best known for his work in philosophy of emotions, and has also made contributions to philosophy of mind and philosophy of biology. He was elected a fellow of the Royal Society of Canada in 2005.
De Sousa possesses both UK and Canadian citizenship. Educated in Switzerland and England, he took his B.A. at New College, Oxford University in 1962, and his Ph.D. at Princeton University in 1966. He has contributed to and is frequently cited in the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy.
- The Rationality of Emotion (1987) ISBN 0-262-54057-6 (German translation 1997; Chinese translation 2006)
- Évolution et Rationalité (2004) ISBN 978-2-13-053530-0
- 'Why think? Evolution and the Rational Mind' (2007) ISBN 978-0-19-518985-8
- Emotional Truth (2011) ISBN 9780195181548
- Love: A Very Short Introduction (2015) ISBN 978-0-19-966384-2
|This biography of a Canadian academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|