|Citizenship||United States, Ireland|
|Alma mater||Fairfield, B.A. '96|
|Known for||Michael Lewis' Flash Boys|
Ronan Ryan is an Irish-American businessperson. He is the president of IEX, the Investor's Exchange, and an electronic trading expert. As a founding member of IEX, Ryan was a central character featured in Michael Lewis’ Flash Boys: A Wall Street Revolt. Irish America magazine named Ryan to its 2014 and 2015 Wall Street 50 list.
Ryan has extensive experience in both networking infrastructure and the financial services industry. Prior to the IEX Group, he has worked for RBC Capital Markets, Switch and Data, BT Radianz, Qwest and MCI.
Ryan graduated from Fairfield University in 1996 with a Bachelor's degree in International Studies. During his time at Fairfield, Ryan was a member of the cross country team and he was the school mascot, Lucas the Stag.
Since Michael Lewis' book Flash Boys: A Wall Street Revolt was released in March 2014, Ryan has experienced rising popularity. As a networking infrastructure expert, Ryan shared his knowledge of colocation and high-frequency trading with Lewis, which became a large focus in Flash Boys. Ryan does not believe all high-frequency trading is bad, but there are certain strategies in high-frequency that Ryan believes front-run large, institutional orders.
- Roose, Kevin (April 1, 2014). "What It's Like to Star in a Michael Lewis Book". New York Times Magazine. Retrieved 2014-09-27.
- "Irish America Wall Street 50: Ronan Ryan". Irish America. September 18, 2014. Retrieved 2014-09-27.
- "Irish America Wall Street 50: Ronan Ryan". Irish America. September 27, 2015. Retrieved 2016-10-08.
- Lewis, Michael (March 31, 2014). "The Wolf Hunters of Wall Street - An Adaptation From 'Flash Boys: A Wall Street Revolt'". New York Times. Retrieved 2014-09-27.
- "Management: Ronan Ryan". IEX Group. September 27, 2014. Retrieved 2014-09-27.
- "Ronan Ryan Chief Strategy Officer at IEX, Subject of Michael Lewis' Flash Boys". greatertalent.com.
- Leach, Tim (April 27, 2014). "From Fairfield to Wall Street, Ronan Ryan talks change". Fairfield Magazine. Retrieved 2014-09-27.
- "Spotlight Interview with Ronan Ryan, IEX Group, at TBLI CONFERENCE USA 2014, New York". youtube.com. TBLI Conference.