Roots (Blue Mountain album)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any sources. (September 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Studio album by Blue Mountain|
|Released||February 27, 2001|
|Recorded||by Bruce Watson at Money Shot|
|Genre||Americana, alternative country, country rock, folk rock, southern rock|
|Label||Blue Mountain Records, Glitterhouse Records|
|Blue Mountain chronology|
- "Rye Whiskey" - 3:47
- "Rain and Snow" - 3:44
- "Black Is the Color of My True Love's Hair" - 5:03
- "Banks of the Pontchartrain" - 5:00
- "That Nasty Swing" (by Cliff Carlisle) - 3:20
- "Spring of '65" - 4:13
- "Riley and Spencer" - 3:20
- "Young and Tender Ladies" - 3:36
- "I'm Thinking Tonight of My Blue Eyes" (by A.P. Carter) - 2:30
- "Little Stream of Whiskey" - 3:03
- "Go Away Devil" (Bonus track) - 5:47
- "Shady Grove" (Bonus track) - 5:55
- "Country Blues" (by Dock Boggs) (Bonus track) - 5:21
- "900 Miles" (Bonus track) - 3:04
All songs are traditional, except tracks #5, 9, 13 as indicated. All songs arranged by Blue Mountain.
- Cary Hudson - vocals, guitar, violin, harmonica
- Laurie Stirratt - guitar, bass guitar, vocals
- George Sheldon - bass guitar, vocals, piano
- Frank Coutch - drums, percussion, lead vocals on "Little Stream of Whiskey"
- Dave Boyer - mandolin on "Rye Whiskey"
- Robert Chaffe (of Kudzu Kings) - keyboards on "Rain and Snow"
|This 2000s alternative rock album-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This 2000s country music album-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|