Rosalka official title card
|Theme music composer||Rico J. Puno|
|Opening theme||"Lupa" by Erik Santos|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|No. of episodes||115|
|Executive producer(s)||Sackey Prince Pendatun|
|Running time||35 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Star Creatives|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Original release||May 17 –|
October 22, 2010
Rosalka is a 2010 Philippine drama starring Empress Schuck in the title role along with Matt Evans and Felix Roco. The series premiered on ABS-CBN's Hapontastic afternoon block from May 17, 2010 to October 22, 2010, replacing Magkano Ang Iyong Dangal?.
The story revolves around a young lady named Rosalka, judged and shunned by the public because of her "horrible" disability—all, except for a man who seems to accept her for who she is. But will their love stand the test of time—and of society, when the mystery of Rosalka's disability is made public? Rosa is carrying a monster inside her back that detaches itself every full moon which then transforms Rosa into a beautiful lady. The monster dies at the ending because of saving its and Rosa's mother from Wilfred.
Cast and characters
- Main cast
- Supporting cast
- Max Collins as Veronica Dominguez
- Mickey Ferriols as Cecille Dimaano
- Nikki Bacolod as Shane Balbas
- Kier Legaspi as Jhun Dimaano
- Dominic Ochoa as Wilfred Dominguez
- Bernard Palanca as Ramon Sta. Maria
- Maricar de Mesa as Cynthia Dominguez
- Pretty Trisha as Tita Didi / Diana
- DJ Durano as Teddy
- Mila del Sol as Donya Carmen Sta. Maria
- Extended cast
- Ian Galliguez as Juvy
- Justin Cuyugan as Johnny
- Neil Coleta as Randy
- Enrique Gil as Andrew
- Lloyd Zaragoza as Gaspar
- Paw Diaz as Lucy
- Zeppi Borromeo as Noel
- Cherry Lou as Maya
- Gigi Locsin as Maricar
- Jayssel Lucelo as Ronnie
- Hyubs Azarcon
- Leandro Baldemor
- Arnold Reyes
- Jenny Miller
- Michael Conan
- Micah Muñoz as Tony
- Missy Maramara as Dixie
- Special participation
- Barbie Sabino as young Rosa
- Maliksig Morales as young Jason
- Cass Ponti as Jason's mother
- Cherry Lou as Connie
- Ina Feleo as Christine
- Bam Romana as Henry
- Martin del Rosario as young Johnny
Rosalka was launched as one of the ABS-CBN's offerings for the 2010, during the ABS-CBN Trade Launch and was announced during the Kapamilya Trade Launch held in Boracay.
In Slavic mythology, there is a supernatural creature called "Rusalka" which generally resemble mermaids and nymphs.
- 2010 PMPC Star Awards for Television's "Best Daytime-Drama Series"
- Placente, Rommel (May 6, 2010). "Felix Roco dismisses rumored rift with dad Bembol Roco". PEP.ph.
- Acosta, Ish (April 21, 2010). "Empress will soon play a hunchback named Rosalka". PEP.ph.
- Almo, Nerisa (May 15, 2010). "Empress Schuck shares similar traits with her character in Rosalka". PEP.ph.