Route 66 (company)
The company's logo is the road sign
of the Route 66 highway
|Industry||GPS navigation devices|
ROUTE 66 Geographic Information Systems B.V. is a privately held company headquartered in Pfäffikon, Switzerland. ROUTE 66 was founded in 1992 and specializes in navigation software and hardware products.
In 1999 the company opened a software development center in Brașov, Romania. In 2005 the company moved all its research and development operations to the aforementioned location, which at that date employed 45 of the company's total of 65 employees. In 2008, the company announced 2.4 million euros in revenue. In 2010, the company had 92 employees, of which 65 were software developers.
- Lim, Andrew (February 28, 2006). "Route 66 Mobile 7: Use your mobile for satellite navigation". CNET (UK). Retrieved December 29, 2011. External link in
- Catanzariti, Ross (May 10, 2007). "330 Auto Navigation". PC World (Australia). Retrieved December 29, 2011. External link in
- Noordhuis, Maaike (February 18, 2011). "TomTom Falls 11% on 'Broadly Flat' Earnings Forecast". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved December 29, 2011. External link in
- Virki, Tarmo (September 15, 2010). "HTC unveils new smartphones, pushes into services". Reuters. Retrieved December 29, 2011. External link in
- Official website
- Route 66 Mobile 7 for Nokia Series 60 Mobile Phones Launched in North America – from Geekzone
|This article about an IT-related or software-related company or corporation is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|