Roy A. Clouser
Roy A. Clouser
|Alma mater||Gordon College (B.A.)|
Reformed Episcopal Seminary (B.D.)
University of Pennsylvania (M.A. and Ph.D.)
|Occupation||Professor Emeritus of the College of New Jersey|
Roy A. Clouser is professor emeritus of the College of New Jersey. He has served as professor of philosophy, religion, and logic at the college since 1968. Clouser serves as the resident philosopher of Christian Leaders Institute.
Clouser earned his BA, from Gordon College (Massachusetts), a BD from Reformed Episcopal Seminary, and an MA and PhD from the University of Pennsylvania. Clouser's philosophy PhD from the University of Pennsylvania was received in 1972 for his dissertation entitled Transcendental Critique, Ontological Reduction, and Religious Belief in the Philosophy of Herman Dooyeweerd.
Roy Clouser wrote The Myth of Religious Neutrality where he contextualized Herman Dooyeweerd's philosophy into the general audience of American academic dialogue at the College of New Jersey. Bruce C Wearne (BA, MSocSci, PhD), Member, Editorial Board, The American Sociologist wrote,
Clouser's long-term academic involvement in the American academy has given an encouraging demonstration that a biblically-directed Christian scholarship is possible within academic institutions that cannot avoid reflecting the secularised presumptions of a post-modern, post-humanist pagan society
- The Myth of Religious Neutrality (University of Notre Dame Press, Notre Dame, 1st edn 1991; 2nd edn 2005).
- Knowing with the Heart (IVP, Downers Grove, 1999; 2nd edn Wipf and Stock, 2007).
- Clouser, Roy A. An Excerpt from The Myth of Religious Neutrality
- Roy Clouser pages: articles; books
- Wearne, Bruce C. "Philosophy as Dependable Analysis: Roy Clouser's Contribution to Christian Scholarship"
- The College of New Jersey: Faculty Profiles
- "Roy Clouser - Christian Leaders Institute Professor of Philosophy". Free Ministry Training - Ordination. Retrieved 2018-06-30.
- Catalog of Copyright Entries. Third Series: 1973: Title Index. Copyright Office, Library of Congress. 1975.
- Wearne, Dr. Bruce (August 2018). "All of Life Redeemed - Contributions". All of Life Redeemed. Archived from the original (PDF) on August 2018.
- "U-M Library Search". search.lib.umich.edu. Retrieved 2018-06-29.