|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2011)|
|Private Limited company|
|Founded||Mumbai, India 1999|
|Headquarters||Mumbai, India, India|
|Services||Contract Research, Formulation Development (NDDS), Contract Manufacturing & supply chain, Dossier Development ANDA/CTD format|
Number of employees
Rubicon Research (Rubicon Research Pvt. Ltd.) is a contract research and a Drug delivery company Located in Mumbai, India. In formulation development, Rubicon has a presence in all therapeutic areas excluding cytotoxic drugs, beta-lactum antibiotics and steroids. Kotak Private Equity has invested in Rubicon Research.
Rubicon Research was founded by Ms. Pratibha Pilgaonkar (CEO), Mr. Sudhir Pilgaonkar (CFO) and Ms. Maharukh Rustomjee(COO) in the year 1999. Rubicon Research started its operations in contract research primarily in the R & D center located in Bhandup, Mumbai with three scientists in a 2,000 sq ft (190 m2) laboratory in 2000.
In 2003, the Directorate of Science and Technology, Government of India approved the facilities as a commercial Research and Development (R&D) company.
In 2006-07 Rubicon licensed its Orodispersible excipient, RubiODT to Mallinckrodt Baker, Inc.
- Ms. Pratibha Pilgaonkar (Chief Executive Officer)
- Ms. Maharukh Rustomjee (Co-Founder and Chief Operating Officer)
- Mr. Sudhir Pilgaonkar (Co-Founder and Chief Commercial Officer)
- Dr. L.S. Rao (Chief Scientific Officer)
- Dr. Nitin Deshmukh (Kotak Mahindra Pvt Equity, Board of Directors)
Ms. Pratibha Pilgaonkar, CEO and Director of Rubicon Research Pvt Ltd. Mumbai, India was invited as Chief guest at AAiPS 2010 to speak about ‘Pharmaceutical Research and Development - Opportunities in India’ 
- Pharmaceutical online : Mallinckrodt Baker And Rubicon Research Sign Agreement For Performance Excipient Development
- Bloomsberg Businessweek: Rubicon Research Private Limited
- American association of Indian Pharmaceutical Scientists
|This article about a medical, pharmaceutical or biotechnological corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|