Randle in 2012
|No. 82 New York Giants|
|Position:||Wide receiver / Return specialist|
|Date of birth:||May 7, 1991|
|Place of birth:||Bastrop, Louisiana|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||208 lb (94 kg)|
|High school:||Bastrop (LA)|
|NFL draft:||2012 / Round: 2 / Pick: 63|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 7, 2015|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Rueben Jacob Randle (born May 7, 1991) is an American football wide receiver for the New York Giants of the National Football League (NFL). Randle played high school football at Bastrop High School and was considered one of the best wide receiver prospects of his class. Randle attended Louisiana State University and left after his junior year to enter the 2012 NFL Draft, where he was selected in the second round, 63rd overall by the Giants.
High school career
Randle attended Bastrop High School in Bastrop, Louisiana, where he played both wide receiver and quarterback in his senior year due to the graduation of quarterback Randall Mackey. That year, Randle connected on 166 of 274 passes (60.6 completion percentage) for 2,442 yards and 20 touchdowns, while also rushing for a team-high 680 yards and 12 more scores.
His sophomore year, when Bastrop won the state championship, Randle had 14 catches for 433 yards and seven touchdowns. As a junior, Randle had 55 receptions for 1,058 yards and 11 touchdowns, earning him a Class 4A All-Louisiana designation. Randle earned All-American honors by Parade, USA Today, and SuperPrep, and was a participant in the 2009 U.S. Army All-American Bowl.
As one of the top-rated prospects in the nation, Randle was a consensus five-star prospect by all major recruiting services. Randle was considered a five-star recruit by Rivals.com, as well as the No. 1 wide receiver prospect and the No. 2 overall prospect in the nation. Randle had numerous scholarship offers, but on February 4, 2009 (National Signing Day), he committed to Louisiana State via letter of intent. He also considered Alabama, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Miami.
|“||Randle is an athlete that is a cross between A. J. Green and Julio Jones. He should have a similar impact at the next level.||”|
— Daniel Montoya, a national recruiting analyst for Rivals.com.
2012 NFL Draft
Following Louisiana State University's loss in the 2011 National Championship game vs. Alabama, Randle announced his intention to enter the upcoming NFL draft.
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 3 in||210 lb||4.43 s||1.52 s||2.57 s||4.36 s||6.99 s||31 in||10 ft 1 in||15 reps|
|All values from NFL Combine and Pro Day|
New York Giants
|“||Randle is going to have a great opportunity. He's blessed with talent, and he goes to a great organization.||”|
Randle was signed in early May 2012 by the New York Giants.
He has totaled 131 receptions for 1847 yards and 12 touchdowns with a 14.1 average in his first three years with the Giants.
- NFL Draft - 2013 WR Draft Prospects, CBSSports.com
- Mitcham, Marq (January 8, 2009), "Randle named first-team All-American", Bastrop Daily Enterprise
- Varney, James (August 9, 2009), "Heralded LSU freshmen should get an opportunity, Coach Les Miles says, with video and photo gallery", The Times-Picayune
- Rivals.com wide receivers 2009, January 20, 2009
- Rivals.com Rivals100 2009, January 28, 2009
- Evans, Thayer (January 2, 2009), "Rueben Randle, Prospect at Receiver, Has Open Future", New York Times
- Munsterteiger, Adam (December 28, 2008), "Randle enjoys new No. 1 status", Rivals.com
- *Rueben Randle | Louisiana State, WR : 2012 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile
- Castillo, Jorge (May 11, 2012), Giants sign second-round choice Rueben Randle; only one draft pick remains unsigned