Hunter Under Saddle
|Sire||Really Rugged (TB)|
|Grandsire||Rough'n Tumble (TB)|
|Owner||Carol A. Harris|
|AQHA Performance Register of Merit
AQHA Superior Western Pleasure Horse
AQHA Superior Hunter Under Saddle Horse
AQHA Superior Trail Horse
1985 & 1987 AQHA World Show Superhorse
1985 World Champion Pleasure Driving Horse
1987 World Champion Senior Hunter Under Saddle Horse
1987 Reserve World Champion Senior Western Riding Horse
1987 Reserve World Champion Pleasure Driving Horse
|American Quarter Horse Hall of Fame|
Rugged Lark (May 1, 1981 – October 26, 2004) was Quarter Horse stallion who was a two time American Quarter Horse Association (or AQHA) World Show Superhorse as well as being a three time AQHA World Champion.
Rugged Lark was the son of a Thoroughbred stallion Really Rugged and out of a Quarter Horse mare named Alisa Lark. Alisa Lark was a great-granddaughter of Leo and a great-great-granddaughter of both King P-234 and Joe Hancock P-455.
Rugged Lark won the AQHA World Show Superhorse title in 1985 and in 1987. He also was an AQHA Superior Western Pleasure Horse, Superior Hunter Under Saddle Horse, and Superior Trail Horse. In 1987 he was the World Champion Senior Hunter Under Saddle Horse. In 1985 he was the World Champion Pleasure Driving Horse. He earned AQHA points in Hunter Under Saddle, Western Pleasure, Trail, Hunter Hack, Reining, Working Hunter, Western Riding, Pleasure Driving, and Barrel Racing.
Among Rugged Lark's offspring are The Lark Ascending, Rugged Painted Lark, Look Whos Larkin – 1999 AQHA World Show Superhorse, Jolena Lark, Rugged Lark II and Forever a Lark. He is one of only two stallions to sire other offspring to win superhorse titles.
|Free For All (TB)|
|Rough'n Tumble (TB)|
|*Bull Dog (TB)|
|Rude Awakening (TB)|
|Really Rugged (TB)|
|*Challenger II (TB)|
|*Ruddy Light (TB)|
|Ruddy Belle (TB)|
|Sir Damion (TB)|
|Harriet's Kid (TB)|
|Liz F (TB)|
|Joe Hancock Jr|
|Aliso Gill 3|
- Mattson Real American Quarter Horse pp. 112–113
- Rugged Lark Pedigree at All Breed Pedigree
- Martindale and Swan (ed.) Legends 7 pp. 225–227
- American Quarter Horse Foundation. "Hall of Fame Inductees". AQHA Hall of Fame. American Quarter Horse Association. Retrieved September 2, 2017.
- American Quarter Horse Association (AQHA). "Rugged Lark". AQHA Hall of Fame. American Quarter Horse Association. Retrieved September 2, 2017.
- All Breed Pedigree Database Pedigree of Rugged Lark retrieved on June 27, 2007
- American Quarter Horse Foundation – Rugged Lark accessed on September 2, 2017
- AQHA Hall of Fame accessed on September 2, 2017
- Martindale, Cathy; Swan, Kathy, eds. (2006). Legends 7: Outstanding Quarter Horse Stallions and Mares. Colorado Springs, CO: Western Horseman. ISBN 0-911647-79-1.
- Mattson, Paul (1991). The Real American Quarter Horse: Versatile Athletes who proved Supreme. Wamego, KS: Premier Publishing. ISBN 1-879984-77-6.