|Notable credit(s)||News Anchor at KSL 5 (1992-2001); News Anchor at ABC 4 (2001-2007)|
Ruth Todd is an award-winning Salt Lake City television news anchor. She most recently worked in television for KTVX ABC4. Todd joined the ABC4 news team in December 2001, but first appeared on-air April 15, 2002 as the station's lead female anchor. Her last newscast was February 28, 2007, after her five-year contract expired.
Todd began her broadcasting career at KBYU-TV while a student at Brigham Young University. After graduating, she began as a reporter and newsbrief anchor at KUTV News in Salt Lake City. She has been a reporter and anchor in Phoenix, Arizona at KTVK and both the ABC and CBS stations in Washington, D.C.
Todd joined KSL Television in 1992 as anchorwoman for "Eyewitness News Saturday Morning". She was then assigned to co-anchor "Eyewitness News at Noon" with Steve Eagar. Todd became a quick favorite of Utah viewers and two and a half years later, she joined Dick Nourse on the top-rated "Eyewitness News at 10 p.m."
After ten years, Todd and KSL parted ways after both could not come to terms on a new contract deal. She left Channel 5 and joined KTVX channel 4 on December 13, 2001.
Todd joined News 4 Utah as co-anchor of "ABC 4 News" at 10 p.m. She was first paired with veteran Salt Lake news anchor Randall Carlisle. In 2004, Terry Wood became Ruth's co-anchor at 10. From 1994 to 1996, Todd, Carlisle and Wood were all late-night competitors on different stations (On channels 5, 4 and 2, respectively). In 2001, Ruth and Wood both worked at KSL, with Wood co-anchoring with former KTVX anchor Kim Johnson. Todd and Wood later became primary anchors for KTVX, competing against former KSL colleagues, Nourse and Nadine Wimmer.
Career after television
- In 2003, Todd appeared as herself, along with co-anchor Carlisle, during a news segment in the LDS film The R.M., directed by Kurt Hale and starring Kirby Heyborne.
- Was a celebrity volunteer at the annual Easter Egg Roll at the White House in Washington, D.C.
- Worked with the March of Dimes, the Easter Seals, the Muscular Dystrophy Association, and numerous other organizations
- Has been the Salt Lake Spokesperson for "Family Now," Chairperson of the United Way's Women in Leadership Committee, and board member of the Visual Arts Institute in Salt Lake City
- Works annually for the Primary Children's Medical Center, the American Heart Association and the American Cancer Society
- Ran the St. George Marathon in 2001
Past News Team Members
- Terry Wood, Marti Skold, Wesley Ruff (2007) ABC4 News at 10 (KTVX)
- Terry Wood, Dan Pope, Wesley Ruff (2004–07) ABC4 News at 10 (KTVX)
- Randall Carlisle, Dan Pope, Wesley Ruff (2002–04) ABC 4 News at 10 (KTVX)
- Dick Nourse, Mark Eubank, Tom Kirkland (1998–2001) Eyewitness News at 10 (KSL)
- Bruce Lindsay, Mark Eubank (1997–99) Eyewitness News Live at 5 (KSL)
- Dick Nourse, Mark Eubank, Craig Bolerjack (1994–98) Eyewitness News at 10 (KSL)
- Brian Mullahy(1993–94) Eyewitness News at Noon (KSL)
- Steve Eagar (1992–93) Eyewitness News at Noon (KSL)
|KSL Television 10pm Female Anchor
1994 – 2001
|KTVX Television 10pm Female Anchor
2002 – 2007
- Charles E. Jones (judge)
- List of Latter-day Saints
- List of people from Salt Lake City
- KSL-TV Eyewitness News Team