||This Dungeons & Dragons-related article describes a work or element of fiction in a primarily in-universe style. (February 2015)|
The rutterkin (minor demon) first appeared in first edition in the module The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth (1982). The rutterkin (minor demon) also appeared in the first edition Monster Manual II (1983).
The rutterkin (least tanar'ri) appeared in second edition the Monstrous Compendium Volume Outer Planes Appendix (1991). The rutterkin (least tanar'ri) also appeared in the first Planescape Monstrous Compendium Appendix (1994).
Rutterkin are deformed demons created by the union of manes. Disdained by other demons, they serve as infantry in the armies of the Abyss. When not on active service, they usually wander in groups on the infinite layers of the Abyss, bullying any weaker creatures they encounter.
- Gygax, Gary. The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth (TSR, 1982)
- Gygax, Gary. Monster Manual II (TSR, 1983)
- LaFountain, J. Paul. Monstrous Compendium Outer Planes Appendix. (TSR, 1991)
- Varney, Allen, ed. Planescape Monstrous Compendium Appendix (TSR, 1994)
- Cook, Monte. Book of Vile Darkness (Wizards of the Coast, 2002)
- Jacobs, James, Erik Mona, and Ed Stark. Fiendish Codex I: Hordes of the Abyss (Wizards of the Coast, 2006)
|This Dungeons & Dragons article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|