Ryan Brown (footballer)
|Full name||Ryan Anthony Brown|
|Date of birth||15 March 1985|
|Place of birth||Stoke-on-Trent, England|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|2010||→ Altrincham (loan)||17||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Starting his professional career with Port Vale in 2003, he played 44 first team games before being released not long after his 20th birthday. He spent a season with Leek Town before he switched to Northwich Victoria. He spent four years with Victoria, before switching to Altrincham in 2010. He switched to Stafford Rangers in January 2012 before making his return to Leek Town in November 2013. He signed with Kidsgrove Athletic in October 2014.
Signed up to the Port Vale youth team since age nine, he made his senior debut for the club against Bristol City on 3 May 2003, and turned professional at Vale Park under Brian Horton three months later. After a further 41 appearances in league and cup games he was released by manager Martin Foyle in May 2005 after slipping below Craig James in the first team pecking order.
Following a season in the Northern Premier League Premier Division with Leek Town, he was signed by Conference National newcomers Northwich Victoria in June 2006. In April 2008 he signed a two-year extension to his contract. However he was soon transfer listed and told he had no future at the club, though in October 2008 the club's leadership changed their mind on this matter. At the end of the season Victoria were relegated back into the Conference North.
With Northwich facing expulsion to the Northern Premier League, in February 2010 Brown joined Conference club Altrincham on loan, and the switch was made permanent in the summer. He suffered relegation with the club at the end of the 2010–11 season, which left both he and the club in the Conference North for the 2011–12 campaign. Outside of football, he worked as an engineer in his native Stoke.
He re-signed with Leek Town, now in the Northern Premier League Division One South, in November 2013. He helped the "Blues" to a third-place finish in 2013–14, securing a place in the play-offs, where they were knocked out by Belper Town at Harrison Park.
He joined league rivals Kidsgrove Athletic in October 2014. The "Grove" finished 20th in the Northern Premier League Division One South in the 2014–15 campaign, 15th in the 2015–16 season and 12th in the 2016–17 season.
- Sourced from Ryan Brown profile at the English National Football Archive (subscription required)
|Port Vale||2002–03||Second Division||1||0||0||0||0||0||1||0|
|Northwich Victoria||2006–07||Conference National||23||0||1||0||0||0||24||0|
- "Ryan Brown". Barry Hugman's Footballers. Retrieved 9 March 2017.
- "Vale to unleash teenager". BBC Sport. 1 August 2003. Retrieved 12 May 2009.
- "Vale boss Foyle releases quintet". BBC sport. 9 May 2005. Retrieved 12 May 2009.
- "Northwich recruit defender Brown". BBC Sport. 22 June 2006. Retrieved 12 May 2009.
- "Maamria hands Brown new contract". BBC Sport. 29 April 2008. Retrieved 12 May 2009.
- "Vics take five off transfer list". BBC Sport. 3 October 2008. Retrieved 12 May 2009.
- Simpson, Andrew (27 May 2010). "Defender Ryan Brown makes move to Altrincham a permanent one". Northwich Guardian. Retrieved 19 August 2010.
- "First Team". altrinchamfc.co.uk. Retrieved 28 November 2011.
- "Stafford Rangers 0 Hednesford Town 1". staffordrangersfc.co.uk. Retrieved 9 April 2012.
- "Ex-Port Vale defender Ryan Brown joins Leek Town's promotion push". The Sentinel. 8 November 2013. Retrieved 10 November 2013.
- Hannah, Jim (31 October 2014). "Peter Ward is back in town as manager of Kidsgrove Athletic". The Sentinel. Retrieved 15 January 2015.
- "Games played by Ryan Brown in 2002/2003". Soccerbase. Retrieved 4 September 2011.
- "Games played by Ryan Brown in 2003/2004". Soccerbase. Retrieved 4 September 2011.
- "Games played by Ryan Brown in 2004/2005". Soccerbase. Retrieved 4 September 2011.
- "Games played by Ryan Brown in 2006/2007". Soccerbase. Retrieved 4 September 2011.
- "Games played by Ryan Brown in 2007/2008". Soccerbase. Retrieved 4 September 2011.
- "Games played by Ryan Brown in 2009/2010". Soccerbase. Retrieved 4 September 2011.
- "Games played by Ryan Brown in 2010/2011". Soccerbase. Retrieved 4 September 2011.