26 August 1988|
|Event(s)||800 metres, Mile|
|Achievements and titles|
800 m: 1:46.78 s (Fayetteville, Arkansas 2009)Mile: 3:58.49 s (State College, Pennsylvania 2011)
Ryan Foster (born 26 August 1988) is an Australian middle distance runner and coach who specialises in the 800 metres. He graduated from Pennsylvania State University in 2011. He won four Big Ten 800 metres titles, was an All-American over 800 metres and the mile run. Ryan holds two Australian National records: the indoor 800 metres and the indoor 1000 metres, as well as five school records: indoor 800 metres, indoor 1000 metres, indoor mile, indoor distance medley relay, outdoor sprint medley relay. Ryan was also the first Tasmanian to break the 4 minute mile barrier.
|800 m||1:46.72||Fayetteville, Arkansas (11 June 2009)|
|Mile||3:58.49||State College, Pennsylvania (29 January 2011)|
Australian National Records
|800 m (Indoors)||1:47.48||State College, Pennsylvania (30 January 2010)|
|1000 m (Indoors)||2:19.60||State College, Pennsylvania (16 January 2010)|
In 2016, Foster was hired as the head cross country coach at Division II Edinboro University of Pennsylvania. Prior to Edinboro, he served as an assistant coach at Penn State. He would coach there for 2 seasons before joining the University of Tennessee as an assistant in 2018.
- "Foster busts four-minute mile". theMercury. 31 January 2011.
- "NCAA Division I Championship Results -- Flash Results, Inc". Flash Results, Inc. 13 June 2009.
- "Penn State National Invitation - Results". GoPSUsports.com. 29 January 2011.
- "Tasmanian athlete Ryan Foster breaks Australian indoor 800m record". www.newsworthystuff.wordpress.com. 02-03-10. Check date values in:
- "School Record From Foster; NCAA Qualifiers By Greaves, Dorr Highlight Effort at PSU Northeast Challenge". www.gopsusports.com. 16 January 2010.
- "http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/c-track/mtt/foster_ryan00.html" Penn State Nittany Lions bio]