|Full name||Ryan Cairns Stevenson|
|Date of birth||24 August 1984|
|Place of birth||Irvine, Scotland|
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Playing position||Attacking midfielder|
|2006||→ Ayr United (loan)||9||(2)|
|2010–2012||Heart of Midlothian||61||(9)|
|2012–2014||Heart of Midlothian||55||(12)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 17:30, 7 November 2015 (UTC).
Ryan Cairns Stevenson (born 24 August 1984) is a Scottish football player who plays for Partick Thistle in the Scottish Premiership. Stevenson began his career as a youth player at Chelsea. Having left the London club in 2002 and moved to the then Scottish Premier League side St Johnstone. Having been dropped from the starting eleven in 2006, Stevenson joined First Division club Ayr United, on loan initially before moving permanently in 2007. Following a successful time at Somerset Park with Ayr, Stevenson signed for Premier League side Hearts in 2010. A successful first spell at Hearts led to Stevenson securing a move to English Championship side Ipswich Town. However, having made only 11 appearances for the club, he returned to Hearts the following season. After a second successful spell at the Edinburgh side, Stevenson signed for fellow Scottish Premiership side Partick Thistle. Stevenson is primarily a midfielder, but has also been used as a striker.
Stevenson was born in Irvine, Ayrshire, and was a boyhood Ayr United fan. He was a pupil at Drongan Primary School and Kyle Academy in Ayr before leaving to join Chelsea's youth academy staying in the same apartment block as John Terry. In April 2013, Stevenson was banned from driving for a period of 20 months, following being arrested for drink driving. He later apologised for the incident, stating that "I accept the consequences of my actions. I acknowledge that I am a role model for younger supporters and team-mates and as such, my serious error of judgement was not befitting of such a position."
Having failed to break into the Chelsea first team he was given a free transfer in 2002 and signed for St. Johnstone. Stevenson made 74 league appearances for Saints, before eventually falling out of favour during 2006.
Stevenson initially joined Ayr United on a 28-day loan in October 2006. This loan was later extended until the end of the year. He then joined the club on a permanent basis during January 2007, for a five-figure sum. Just two weeks later, Stevenson scored an equaliser for Ayr United against his former club, St. Johnstone, in the third round of the Scottish Cup in a 2–1 defeat. Stevenson scored the goal which promoted Ayr United to the First Division in 2009, in a 1–0 win over Airdrie United in the second leg of the First Division Play-off Final at New Broomfield.
Stevenson signed for Hearts on 1 February 2010 for an undisclosed five-figure sum, with Rocky Visconte going the other way on loan. He made his debut for Hearts on 10 February playing the full 90 minutes in a 2–0 defeat to Celtic at Celtic Park. He went on to score his first competitive goal for Hearts against Inverness Caledonian Thistle in a Scottish Premier League fixture on 18 September 2010. In the absence of Kevin Kyle, Stevenson has predominantly been used as a makeshift striker and has scored notable goals, such as in wins over both halves of the Old Firm and two against Edinburgh rivals Hibernian. In June 2011 Stevenson signed a one-year contract extension to extend his stay at the club.
On 22 December 2011 with Hearts in financial difficulty and having problems paying wages Stevenson requested his contract be terminated; this was refused and Stevenson advised the club he would not play or train again until his salary was paid in full. Stevenson cited stress on his unborn baby as one of the reasons behind his decision. Despite being paid Stevenson did not return to training several clubs including  Ayr United, Crawley Town and Dundee United were interested however Hearts were seeking £100,000 for their exiled player. Hearts pledged to open a disciplinary hearing if he did not leave during the transfer window.
On 28 January 2012, Championship side Ipswich Town announced that he was set to join them in a deal worth £50,000 which was concluded on 30 January. He was given the number 16 shirt, and had signed an 18-month contract.
Stevenson scored his first goal for Ipswich on 28 April 2012 against Doncaster Rovers on the final day of the 2011–12 Football League Championship with a long-range effort which was later voted as Ipswich Town fans Goal of the Year.
On 31 August 2012, after just eight months at Ipswich Town, Hearts re-signed Stevenson on a three-year contract, despite interest from Motherwell. Stevenson scored both Hearts goals in the 2013 Scottish League Cup Final, but ultimately the club lost 3–2 to St. Mirren. Stevenson was released by Hearts after the club was relegated to the Scottish Championship in 2014.
Stevenson signed for Partick Thistle in June 2014 on a two-year contract, with an option for a third year. He scored his first two goals for Thistle in a 2–0 Scottish Cup win over Hamilton Academical on 29 November 2014. He scored his first and second league goals in a Scottish Premiership 4–0 away win against Inverness On the 31/10/15 Stevenson had to play in goals for the last 5 minutes of a 4-0 defeat to hearts because thistle keeper ryan scully had been sent off and thistle had already used all 3 of their substitutes.  Stevenson scored his first thistle goal of the 2015-16 season scoring a 90th minute winner in a 2-1 win over Inverness Caledonian Thistle. 
|Club||Season||League||FA Cup||League Cup [note 1]||Europe||Other [note 2]||Total|
|Ayr United (loan)||2006–07||9||2||1||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||10||2|
|Heart of Midlothian||2009–10||11||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||11||0|
|Heart of Midlothian||2012–13||29||5||1||0||3||2||0||0||0||0||33||7|
- "RYAN STEVENSON Soccerway Stats". Soccerway. Retrieved 1 February 2012.
- "Ryan Stevenson’s Edinburgh tattoo". The Sun. 23 July 2011. Retrieved 21 October 2011.
- "Hearts’ Ryan Stevenson banned for drink driving". scotsman.com. The Scotsman. 29 April 2014. Retrieved 19 April 2014.
- "Hearts star Ryan Stevenson branded stupid and arrogant by sheriff". dailyrecord.co.uk. Daily Record. 30 April 2013. Retrieved 20 April 2014.
- "Hearts player Ryan Stevenson says drink-driving was 'huge mistake'". news.stv.tv. STV. 30 April 2013. Retrieved 20 April 2014.
- "Short-term Ayr deal for Stevenson". BBC Sport. 21 October 2006.
- Stevenson is to remain with Ayr, BBC Sport, 21 November 2006.
- "Ayr Utd buy Stevenson from Saints". BBC Sport. 2 January 2007.
- "Ayr United 1–2 St Johnstone". BBC Sport. 17 January 2007.
- "Ryan Stevenson joins Hearts". Hearts News. Heart of Midlothian F.C. 1 February 2010. Retrieved 21 October 2011.
- "Ryan Stevenson transfers to Hearts". ayrunitedfc.co.uk. 1 February 2010. Retrieved 2 February 2010.
- "Celtic 2–0 Hearts". BBC Sport. British Broadcasting Corporation. 10 February 2010. Retrieved 21 October 2011.
- "Inverness CT 1–3 Hearts". BBC Sport. British Broadcasting Corporation. 18 September 2010. Retrieved 21 October 2011.
- "Ryan Stevenson admits he might have to become a striker by default to earn new Hearts deal". Daily Record. Retrieved 21 October 2011.
- "Ryan Stevenson signs new deal at Hearts as Ismael Bouzid and Ruben Palazuelos are freed". Daily Record. 3 June 2011. Retrieved 21 October 2011.
- "Stevenson: I won’t play for Hearts again". Edinburgh Evening News. 22 December 2011. Retrieved 22 December 2011.
- "Ryan Stevenson asks to leave Hearts amid interest from Bristol City". BBC SPort. BBC. 22 December 2011. Retrieved 22 December 2011.
- "Ryan Stevenson: I had to leave Hearts after doctor said stress of pay dispute risked life of unborn child". Daily Record. 23 December 2011. Retrieved 23 December 2011.
- "Ayr United in talks to re-sign Ryan Stevenson from Hearts". Scottish Television. 13 January 2012. Retrieved 28 January 2012.
- "Crawley Town bid for Hearts' Ryan Stevenson rebuffed". BBC Sport. BBC. 20 January 2012. Retrieved 28 January 2012.
- "Dundee United tracking Ryan Stevenson". Scottish Television. 25 January 2012. Retrieved 28 January 2012.
- "Hearts’ Ryan Stevenson in limbo after move blocked". The Scotsman. 26 January 2012. Retrieved 28 January 2012.
- "Stevenson the exile can go for £100k". The Scotsman. 23 January 2012. Retrieved 28 January 2012.
- "I can't wait to get going". Ipswich Town F.C. 28 January 2012. Retrieved 28 January 2012.
- "Ryan: move was a no-brainer". Ipswich Town F.C. 30 January 2012. Retrieved 30 January 2012.
- "TWTD Town goal of the Year?". TWTD. Retrieved 1 July 2012.
- "Ryan Stevenson returns to Tynecastle from Ipswich". BBC Sport. BBC. 31 August 2012. Retrieved 31 August 2012.
- "Motherwell interested in snapping up free agent Ryan Stevenson". dailyrecord.co.uk. Daily Record. 30 August 2012. Retrieved 31 August 2012.
- "St Mirren seal historic League Cup win". espn.co.uk. ESPN. 17 March 2013. Retrieved 20 April 2014.
- Hearts: Jamie Hamill unhappy as player trio exit Tynecastle, BBC Sport
- "Ryan Stevenson Joins Thistle". ptfc.co.uk. Partick Thistle F.C. 11 June 2014. Retrieved 11 June 2014.
- Partick Thistle sign Ryan Stevenson, BBC Sport
- McLauchlin, Brian (29 November 2014). "Partick Thistle 2–0 Hamilton". BBC Sport. Retrieved 4 December 2014.
- "Ryan Stevenson, Gary MacKenzie & Craig Samson get surprise Scots call". BBC Sport. British Broadcasting Corporation. 7 November 2011. Retrieved 7 November 2011.
- "Super Stevo". Heart of Midlothian F.C. 7 November 2011. Retrieved 7 November 2011.
- Ryan Stevenson career statistics at Soccerbase
- Ryan Stevenson career statistics at Soccerbase
- "Ryan Stevenson ESPN". ESPN. Retrieved 30 October 2011.
- Includes 1 appearance not recorded on soccerbase. "Saints 0–1 Clyde". St. Johnstone F.C. 5 October 2002. Retrieved 4 December 2014.
- Includes 1 appearance not recorded on soccerbase. "Queen of the South 1–1 Saints". St. Johnstone F.C. 1 May 2004. Retrieved 4 December 2014.
- Includes 1 appearance not recorded on soccerbase. "Ayr Utd 2–1 Partick Thistle". BBC Sport. 18 September 2007. Retrieved 4 December 2014.
- Includes 2 appearances not recorded on soccerbase. "Lochee United 1–1 Ayr United". BBC Sport. 17 December 2008. Retrieved 4 December 2014. & "Ayr United 3–1 Lochee United". BBC Sport. 23 December 2008. Retrieved 4 December 2014.
- Ryan Stevenson career statistics at Soccerbase
- Ryan Stevenson career statistics at Soccerbase (2006–07 statistics)