The Ryuoo Ropeway (竜王ロープウェイ Ryūō Rōpuwei) is Japanese aerial lift line in Yamanouchi, Nagano, operated by Ryuoo Kanko (竜王観光 Ryūō Kankō). The company also operates Ryuoo Ski Park (竜王スキーパーク), in which the aerial lift runs. Opened in 1961, the line mainly transports skiers in winter, but also hikers in other seasons.
- System: Aerial tramway, 2 track cables and 2 haulage ropes
- Distance: 2.1 kilometres (1.3 mi)
- Vertical interval: 790 m (2,592 ft)
- Maximum gradient: 30°53′
- Operational speed: 7.0 m/s
- Passenger capacity per a cabin: 166
- The largest in Japan.
- Cabins: 2
- Stations: 2
- Duration of one-way trip: 8 minutes
- (in Japanese) Official website
|This article about a Japanese aerial tramway, funicular line, or related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|